Came, saw and got messed up, JRSC instal gone bad

Ok guys, don’t own a 2nd gen Integ but I tried to stick an Jackson Racing Supercharger in one of them.Since there isn’t much info avalible on this subject, I figured I would enlighten those thinking about it! In simple terms, it’s a no go, doesn’t work and a pain in the butt (trying to keep it clean)! Since all I was able to get was he said she said type of stuff, I had no choice but to give it a shot and find out first hand (must be hard owning a 2g Integ). The one that was getting the new boost was an 91 Integra GS with a 2nd gen b16a swap (I also did that) which had power stearing and ABS (worthless stuff if you ask me, but some think it makes them feel safe). Anyway, after a few in’s and out’s of the motor with the JRSC installed (whole lot easier to install the system outside of the car instead of under the hood personally), things just didn’t seem right.

The night before I noticed the problem of the master cylinder so I made a few measurments and it was one of those things that was to close to call. Your forums were the closest thing I could find to info and they backed up my concerns, but still no hard facts (which you have now). Anyway, jumping ahead a little, once I had removed the throttle body (tight squeeze and was worried about damage to the TPS) and removed the master cylinder I was able to get a clear picture (literally) of how tight everything was and what was needed to make it work (which won’t be happening here, maybe someone with a lot of money and nothing to do can figure how to make it work). Basicly, for the most part it has no problems as far as clearance. Everything is cool until you get to the actual JRSC nose and pully wanting to share the same spot with the master cylinder (imagine the babys they would have).

So, what would make it work? How about relocating the whole master/booster assembly (i’d buy that for a dollar!), or finding a way to just relocate the master (space would still be tight but usable). No new master or booster will work, AT ALL! If it was removed then you would be fine, but then again you wouldn’t be stopping anytime soon! No thinner booster (unless it was maybe 1/16" thick, and that’s not happening anytime in our lives) and theres no where to put the master in that location at all. Thinner or shorter isn’t gonna make a difference.

I took a few photo’s of what it looks like in the car (maybe a few would like to hang in on there walls or something), so if your interested please let me know and let me know how to get them on this forum (personally forums are not my thing, somewhat irritating) but my friend Adrian is a member of these forums and he’s saying there always so informitive, so here’s some info (just doing my part)! And yes there may be a few spelling errors, I’m a tuner, not an english major so hopefully this doesn’t irritate to many of you!

email them to me and ill host them

cwharris@optonline.net

archivethis

i remeber a while back, somebody tried this, with JRSC, i forgot but i think he have to modified the firewall or cut it…but he said its not worth it, BTW he has a B18A…the best SC option i guess is the Vortech one, member B17Avortech has it…dont know if that his name tho…

here the link…http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=63811&highlight=vortech

i know how to fix it, get a RHD g2…
-Toby

i think the jrsc not clearing the mc was discussed here a looong time ago. not to mention asking jr why its not available. oh well maybe you had fun anyways…

Right Hand drive JR-jspec, mad quick yo
-Toby

originally posted by racecivicman

but my friend Adrian is a member of these forums and he’s saying there always so informitive

thanks jake for the write up! i was there and personally saw what the problems are…not only were there clearance issues but the whole system had little things that had to be customized! it was a pain in the a… anyway if your intresded in hosting the pics just pm me and ill get them for ya!

adrian

is this thread resurrectable?

cool.

so does the JRSC fit OK in a RHD G2? any firewall issues or just MC stuff?

does it work fine with B16A or lots better with more displacement?

anyone got pics of a JRSC in a RHD 'bay?

logically it should work. cut out the firewall and weld in the rhd.

more displacement always helps.

no one has done it here afaik.

id still like to see pics or exact measurements. repositioning the motor mounts is pretty viable…

http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92098&highlight=supercharger

he put a JRSC in the teg… I think he customed the rear mount so tha it would sit a few inches lower or somehting

He’s from Australia so he already has RHD.

It’s an interesting idea. I don’t know if it will fit. There still might be some firewall clearance issues.

DA6 JRSC install. Pix coming.

So I bought a JRSC for my B16A that’s in my EK. Was still in the process of getting all the miscellaneous stuff like the injectors, resistor box, etc before install. Fast forward to now, I recently bought my Integra Dec 21. It’s an imported RHD JDM DA6 Honda Integra XSi with it’s stock B16A. So I’ve decided I’m gonna throw the JRSC on that instead. But now I have new parts to get to make it work, like a jumper harness for example so I can convert it to OBD1 so it can be tuned. I’ll be taking lots of pictures along the way so it’ll hopefully bring to light any concerns you guys have. If you have any specific picture requests, just let me know. :cross: :salute:

Might want to start a new thread. this thread is over 10 years old.

I think his post is relevant to this thread. I wouldn’t expect it to turn into your build thread but more with end result facts and issues that came about during the process.