can some one explain this..

ok ive got same wheels as the car in picture below… but mines are poking… disgustingly… ive called the manufactor of the wheels and they verified that the only off set with that size lip in the 002 ’ model. if +0 on a rim 16" x 8" or 15" x 8"…

now how the hell is it working so well for him !! lol … i need to know what to do…

my problem

ive got tien coilovers & no camber kit as of yet … waiting to see what i need to do to correct this…

more negative camber,
195/50/15 stretched tire

rexone should know

LOL! Stock offset is +45. Unless you have an extreme amount of negative camber, the wheel will sit outside your fender. Those cars are extremely low, have at least negative 4 degrees of camber, have tightly stretched tires, and I believe even have the fenders rolled. That setup is also highly not recommended for a daily driver unless you want to buy tires once a month.

where talking negative camber correct ? … i can go lower … im running TEIN Super Street damper kit … i guess id just have get a camber kit for fronts and rears… would u go with skunk2’s or ingles? and then adjust my camber… my fenders are already rolled…

the white DA for sure is running 16x8 0 offset. 195-45-16 tire i believe. his suspension i believe are either TEIN Basics or SS full coilovers with custom spring rates. he also mentioned that he doesnt have a camber kit as well.

in order for you tuck in your rims you will have to drop it lower. roll your fenders and get smaller tires as well.

im running 195/50/16 … i just dont see it tucking so much if i lower it…

[QUOTE=rexone;1912833]the white DA for sure is running 16x8 0 offset. 195-45-16 tire i believe. his suspension i believe are either TEIN Basics or SS full coilovers with custom spring rates. he also mentioned that he doesnt have a camber kit as well.

in order for you tuck in your rims you will have to drop it lower. roll your fenders and get smaller tires as well.[/QUOTE]

well if you lower it more it might increase your negative camber enouph to clear your wheels. try slamming your car and see how much more camber you get. BTW the black teg has been my idol for the longest time.

get 195-45-16 tires it might help a little ? roll the fenders and slam it to the ground !

Why are skinny tires on wide wheels the new “hot” thing… We should be admiring race cars, not some low-rider hooptie.

Is there a single advantage to running 8" wide wheels with an inconvenient offset and tires made for a 6" wide wheel? Please learn me something.

M-I-N-E: Of or relating to possession.

M-I-N-E-S: plural noun used to describe either a large area of land being excavated for the purpose of retrieving precious metals or other natural resources, or explosive devices placed under the ground or in the water to defend an area against potential attack.

If you do plan on it being a daily driver, they I would recommend smaller tires and roll the fenders and drop it as low as it could go. But then you’ll still get a shit load of road noise along with bottoming out everywhere and wearing out your expensive Tein SS suspension a hell of alot sooner. But it will look cool.

[QUOTE=Colin;1913270]Why are skinny tires on wide wheels the new “hot” thing… We should be admiring race cars, not some low-rider hooptie.

Is there a single advantage to running 8" wide wheels with an inconvenient offset and tires made for a 6" wide wheel? Please learn me something.[/QUOTE]

Because it’s the new gayDM thing to do.

I agree, I never did like that look on 2nd gens. Yupp gotta say its “:gay:” .

[QUOTE=Colin;1913270]Why are skinny tires on wide wheels the new “hot” thing… We should be admiring race cars, not some low-rider hooptie.

Is there a single advantage to running 8" wide wheels with an inconvenient offset and tires made for a 6" wide wheel? Please learn me something.[/QUOTE]

Actually, it started as a EDM thing (European Domestic Market)

In Europe, the edge of the tread isn’t permitted to pass the edge of the fender. This is a fairly new rule (about 10 years or so) SO, all the tuner cars there, such as the VW’s and Audi’s started stretching tires, so they could get the size of rim they wanted and stay legal

It was a backdoor way of running wider rims

It started of in NA by the Audi/VW guys wanting that homeland look, and now, it apparently crossed over to the Japanese cars.

[QUOTE=2Door;1915490]Actually, it started as a EDM thing (European Domestic Market)

In Europe, the edge of the tread isn’t permitted to pass the edge of the fender. This is a fairly new rule (about 10 years or so) SO, all the tuner cars there, such as the VW’s and Audi’s started stretching tires, so they could get the size of rim they wanted and stay legal

It was a backdoor way of running wider rims

It started of in NA by the Audi/VW guys wanting that homeland look, and now, it apparently crossed over to the Japanese cars.[/QUOTE]
That’s an incredibly stupid reason to stretch tires.

When was that law created? I was assuming the look pretty much originated w/ lowriders and wire wheels… those things are usually stretched as all hell.

I’m not exactly sure when the crackdown began, but I think it was mid 90’s. Its just starting to get bigger over here, (within the past 5 years). Search up some VW and Audi tuners that are considered hot. You’d be surprised. There are other reasons for doing it, but most of the guys are in it for looks

If you wanted wide tires/wheels that extend beyond the fender, why not slap on polyurethane arches like they do on rallye cars? Also, isn’t it unsafe to have rims that are wider than the tread width of the tire?.

As for the running wider wheels in Europe, I don’t see the point of upgrading the wheel width and keeping a smaller tire. I don’t think you would be increasing the contact patch in any significant way when you still have a narrow tire, so it would be pointless. If that is the real origin of the stretched tire style, it is definitely in the “rice” / cheap / lazy category. The correct way to cover the tire would be to get a wheel with a different offset (if possible) or widen the fenders to cover the wide wheel with the correct size tire.

Just recently one of the numerous tuning mags had a huge article on offsets, calculations, and why not to run rims like that in the pictures on daily driven vehicles, also to include the reasons why to not stretch tires to make them fut and few exceptions when it is ok to to do it. Cant remember the specific mag that had the article, but it was printed across the front of the mag in huge letters. Might be able to find and if I do I will try to find the online article if they have it.

I’ve never found any evidence of this supposed law… as was said, fender flares would be the perfect cure for that. I don’t think legal mumbo jumbo has anything to do with it.

It’s pretty simple, really… all the merc and BMW tuners put these wheels with giant 8" lips on their cars, and all the little VW fanboys wanted to copy that. But you can’t just put an 8" lip on car with a +45 factory offset, unless you jack it up to clear the tires. And jacked up cars look lame. So you slam it, add a bunch of camber, roll the fenders, and shrink the tire down so that it just barely clears the fender. Boom… big lip on a crappy FWD car. That’s really all there is to it.