CCW holster: What do you use?

As some of you know, I recently upgraded to an XD9 SC and I’m now looking for a new Concealed holster. So many choices my mind in going in circles.

Just curious as to what you guys have and like.

After hours of searching and reading, I’m looking pretty close at this one: http://www.opticsplanet.com/galco-kingtuk-iwb-holster.html

comp tac c-tac when i was in nebraska. nothing in maryland…because there’s no crime so nobody needs to protect themselves from anything. Martin O’Malley said so.

Thoughts on it? How long did you wear it at a time?

still have it, just can’t use it in MD. loved it, very comfy, easy to tuck over. not the fastest-drawing IWB in existence, but it’s comfy and keeps everything very well concealed. the j-hooks were my attachment of choice, very low-profile.

also have a Galco royal guard for a 1911, but sold the last 1911 i had. getting a springer when i get home.

I see a lot of hype around the Crossbreed Super Tuck Deluxe on all the gun shows. Most of the reviews I find praise them. Are they as good as people say they are? Or, is it overhyped. It has me interested in it for when I get my CCW next month.

everyone i know that has one, loves it. no personal experience though.

Theisholsters.com

One man shop in Arkansas. Similar to comptac. I have the horsehide for my glock 23, can’t even tell its there. Highly recommended.

Thanks for the info :up:

Well, let us know what you go with, and your opinions of it. I have been debating on what to get when I get my CCW permit. The way the shows advertise it (Guns & Gear, etc.) and all the good things I read about them are leading me to the Crossbreed. The price isn’t too bad, either. Just the turnaround time is a little bit of a turnoff. But, it’s made to order.

I will do that. I should be ordering real soon as I sold my old holster with the Taurus. My renewed CCW came last week but I haven’t been able to put it to use yet.

This is the company that I went with for my Kimber 1911 3" barrel (IWB). I have fallen alseep on the coach with it and didn’t even know it was there. Very comfortable. After the break in, you won’t even know you are carrying. VERY,VERY high quality!!! I also had a Glaco for my Glock 27. Not as comfortable. They where very friendly when I called them with questions. Just my opinion…

http://www.ttgunleather.com/

question for the OP, what did you upgrade from? to an xd?

a throbbing erection ready to skeet all over an offender’s nostrils.

old ass Gun Gear OTW leather holster. With a Galco belt to hold up my G19

Taurus PT140

upgrade indeed! did you also look at glocks and/or the m&p?

Never really liked any of the glocks I fired. Maybe if they were a bit less expensive I would have given them more time. The M&P 9c was a very close second to the XD9 I purchased. I chose the XD because I preferred the safety system (lack of) and because it’s just a tad bit smaller.

And I believe I will be placing an order on the holster here; http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/SuperTuckDeluxe/tabid/90/List/0/ProductID/1/CategoryID/1/Level/1/Default.aspx?SortField=ProductName,ProductName

mine was $425 spankin new with 3 15-round mags. got another 3 mags for 25 bucks. :up:

Mine was also $425 on blue label. There are (were) a few sub-$500 Glocks around.
I really like the m&p, the trigger is much better than the xd (IMO).

glock and xd both have an insanely huge aftermarket; i have a pard in md who has an xd45 and had it worked on by the SA custom shop. thing has an insane trigger now–it’s like a fuckin benchrest rifle.