CCW holster: What do you use?

[QUOTE=medicdude;2289881]Theisholsters.com

One man shop in Arkansas. Similar to comptac. I have the horsehide for my glock 23, can’t even tell its there. Highly recommended.[/QUOTE]

Ended up going with your pick.

Thanks again for the information.

Has anybody tried the Belly Band? I was thinking about giving it a try for when I wear basketball shorts during the summer…

http://bellybandccw.com/

it’s great for people who are super-fat and too lazy to try to lose any weight, who can’t necessarily reach their waistband because their stomach and love handles droop over it.

[QUOTE=IntegraVSR;2290174]Ended up going with your pick.

Thanks again for the information.[/QUOTE]

Cool! You won’t be disappointed. Let us know how you like it.

What kind of clothes do you generally wear every day?

I’m in Washington state so most of the year I’m wearing a jacket and jeans. Summer time usually a t-shirt and cargo or board shorts.

What do you wear to work?

I’ll just jump to the chase here. If you get clips on the holster that have velcro, and attach to the inside of the belt, they are VERY discreet. Also, you can pick up some sticky backed velcro at Walmart for a few dollars and put it on the back of every belt you have, then wearing your black, or brown, or whatever belt is no longer an issue with changing clips to match the colors. You may or may not work in an office and have to choose if you are going to go black belt/black shoes vs. brown belt/brown shoes every day. If you are in that situation though, velcro is king. No issues with the velco not being strong enough to keep the holster seated during a draw either.

Unfortunately there is no way I can carry at work. I may however just contact the maker and ask if he can include the velcro clips as well. FYI, I ordered the extreme duty kydex clips.

Theis has a few different clip options on his website.

I contacted him and got it all figured out. Will post pics when it arrives.

Lol, probly… but I would assume it would be good. Considering basketball shorts would be at my ankles trying to carry my px4 storm .40. Hahaha

At least then you’d blend in anytime you went to the hood, with shorts to your ankles…

I miss the good old days, when shorts WERE.

Hahaha

I currently use a Fobus OWB holster with my G29. I will eventually go to an IWB since it is getting warmer. Never have been concerned with concealment.

Yessssssss.

Feels awesome, I’ve been wearing it all morning breaking it in and I hardly notice. Conceals very well, My wife said she can’t even tell.

Cool! He stamps them now… Guess I need a new gun to get a new holster with the cool stamp.

So, I’ve been looking into Old Faithful Holsters. Namely going with their IWB assembled Leather/Kydex for $75. They claim to be the most comfortable, and they look to be pretty good quality. Anyone have experience with them? I should be receiving my CCW permit any day now, and I’m looking into getting an IWB holster for obvious concealment purposes. I still have a Blackhawk Serpa II OWB holster for current OC duty and I’ll keep it for range days.

link to what I’m considering.
http://oldfaithfulholsters.com/shop/assembled-inside-the-waistband-hip-gun-holster/

also heavily considering Theis holsters, as well. For the money, it seems hard to beat. I like the Crossbreed, but for what I want, it will be substantially more than the other options. So, I think I’ll go with Theis or OFH.

go with theis, thank me later, like vsr did.

Just go with what I did. It really is so comfortable you forget you’re packing. 3-week turn around time, lifetime warranty, very fair price.

Ordered Theis :wink: Went with the black cowhide, as opposed to the horsehide. Just personal preference. Also opted for the extreme duty kydex clips as well.