Changing clutch myself... any tips?

what does that get you in the 1/4 mile?

dunno never tried yet, all i know is that i raced a buddy with a 92 LS, completely bone stock, and i totally swamped him, whether it was take off, or highway pulls he never had a chance. he was sure i had a GSR in there lol

Ummmm no. Unless you have modified a stock ITR flywheel, it doesn’t weigh 12lbs. An ITR flywheel comes in at high 14lbs if it has been resurfaced and 15lbs bone stock. So it is still a nice change from the ~18-19lbs LS flywheel.

:up: for the OEM part, but your weight figures are a bit off.

sorry, i havent kept with the times lately, kinda forgot the exact figures…i saw i guy i guess who shaved his ITR flywheel and it weighed 12 lbs, maybe thats why i remember 12 instead of 15. but serious when i have it in my hand, it weighs SOOOO much less than the LS one, it’s a huge difference i find!

sorry fo bumping an old thread. but do i have to remove the downpipe or cat to change the shifter bushing?

nah i never do jus take off the heat sheild n slide the linkage down

i got the suspension down and axels out

engine stiffeners out

x member out

the suspension basically took all day yesterday wat i cant get out is

1. disconnecting backup light switch (its stuck)

2. cant get to starter bolts

3. cant get to speed sensor bolts

1.do u mean the two seperate connections or the switch screwed in the tranny itself.
2. to make it ten times easier get a long extension and a swivel head adapter.
3.if u cant get to the bolt jus disconnect the hoses and dont forget to disconnect the speedo cable and dont lose the clip that holds the cable in

if i cant help heres a thread that can…
http://g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26710

thanx for the help man i got the trans. out. im waiting for the rusted bolts on the catalyc converter to soak in some wd-40 over night so i can replace the shifter.

Becareful with the cat nut as it can snap ur bolt on the cat if its rusted good.

REMEMBER to use washers on them before putting it back.

[QUOTE=RiccyLSR;1984975]Becareful with the cat nut as it can snap ur bolt on the cat if its rusted good.

REMEMBER to use washers on them before putting it back.[/QUOTE]

i didnt get to work on the car today as it was only 10 degrees out there. but ive given the whole shift linkage removal some thought and i think i can get to the rest of the bolts with a universial (flex) socket. wat do you think?

i got the heat shield off and shift linkage down without removing the exhaust:rockon:

now the shitty part is the plate that goes over the ball holder wont come off(the two nuts and studs are rusted). i tried drilling them out last nite but i cant drill straight to save my life. so i took it to school today where im gonna put it in a vice and use a chisel to remove the top part of the studs

clutch and flywheel, rear main seal, ball joint and rack ends, and new release fork spring are still not here yet.

[SIZE=“5”]the problem[/SIZE]