Compressed Air

I have an air tank that can hold 120 psi of air. Its is big enough to fillup about 1 1/2 tire. I was wondering if i could use that as a form of forced induction untill I get my turbo. I was going to make a hole in my intake tube and run a line pointing right into the throtle body and When I needed the extra boost I would just open the valve a nd let the air rush trough. I would like to know if any one ever tried that and If it would work.

no offence, but i find that to be a wierd idea. I dont think your idea would work. From how you explained it, it would be extra air being put into the system. When the air gets released from the tank, i dont think it would be compressed anymore and would just be extra air that would neglible results. That just the way i see it.

won’t work, it won’t supply nearly enough volume of air

wouldn’t be enough pressure to do anything

running pure o2 is risky and only a few have had success doing it. the nitrogen in nitrous acts as a buffer and helps the process slow down and be more reliable. in short, not a good idea, even if you do have the volume.

Originally posted by DA9_LS-t
running pure o2 is risky and only a few have had success doing it. the nitrogen in nitrous acts as a buffer and helps the process slow down and be more reliable. in short, not a good idea, even if you do have the volume.

he said he was going to run air not pure oxygen

Originally posted by Acuracy2ndGen
he said he was going to run air not pure oxygen

i was using the word “pure” loosely to show the difference between nitrous injection and “air” injection, but in G2IC fashion you got anal. :slight_smile:

Originally posted by DA9_LS-t
i was using the word “pure” loosely to show the difference between nitrous injection and “air” injection, but in G2IC fashion you got anal. :slight_smile:

cool, just tryin to keep things from getting confused :cool:

These are the types of threads the mods should be closing quickly.

Someone please close this?