Couple Years Missing Back in Action NOW!!!

Well its been a while since i was last here, i know cause i had to re register. Well i had some things called life happen to me and well my car was put on the back burner but now i am finally working on it and wanted to show you guys my progress while i build my new set up and change my mind a million times in between…

So my new set up is going to consist of my custom 67mm ball berring turbo with a 82 A.R. exhaust housing with 3.5 inch vband outlet. I also built my new intake with a 75mm throttle body, and am in the process of my new turbo manifold and downpipe. I am still running an AEM but now with the aem pencil coils and cam trigger, But i am not so keen on running the coils with a msd or aem cdi, so for that i am going to try running separate honda stock ignitors for individual control and reliability. The intercooler is an Apexi stagger fin design which is absolutly awsome for cooling the airflow. I modified the rad support to fit the rad under it for more turbo room. I also got rid of the stock crossmember for a Full Race one. I am slowly getting to it now that its at the shop i work at, Its hard to find time sometimes when building custom hotrods all day long… haha anyhow i am hoping to get some more done over the hollidays here and get it running but at least February. Oh Yeah there will be more gold film every where else cause it is amazing for heat reflection and well its just friggen cool, also the fact that my car produces retarded amounts of heat i have to do whatever i can to keep from cooking stuff…

Tommy

Front End01.jpg

Front End02.jpg

Engine Bay01.jpg

Engine Bay02.jpg

Gold Firewall01.jpg

cant wait to see when its done!

looks bad ass g/l on the build. where did u get the gold film and how do u apply it?thx

thats mint

Found a supplier for the gold film that is the same exact stuff used on the nasa space shuttle and in the Mclaren F1 engine bay. It is about 16 cdn a square foot if i remember correctly. You apply it by sticking it on a clean surface but you will have to put it on in squares cause it is a fiber thin weave that does not stretch well. But the finished look is soooooo wicked!!!

what is it for sound supression?

"Oh Yeah there will be more gold film every where else cause it is amazing for heat reflection and well its just friggen cool, also the fact that my car produces retarded amounts of heat i have to do whatever i can to keep from cooking stuff… "

So, your really rockin on that car, it’s so SWEET! and that FMIC, HOLY BALLS!

pretty hot, i thought it was an R33 at first…ha

Haha no R33… i wish. But yeah its been a long time now i have time here and there to pick at it. Tonight i finished my rad mount and relocated the rad fill cap and now i am waiting for my Spal Killer fan to make my Turbo manifold!!! man i hate waiting want my car done now…

and just WHERE is the distributor?

doing a distributor-less “crank trigger” setup?

BOOSTED, H22, gold lining = win.

nice work, i remember you back in the day.

looks promising. you don’t read much on H22 DA set-ups so I’m hopeful for this one to shine. good work man.

I used to have a stock gutted distributor that i only used for the cam trigger, but i wanted to go with something new so i bought the AEM EPM that is much better for acurate signal or so they claim. Also i am using coil on plug as a pose to the ls1 coils i used before. The only thing is i am not sure about haveing to use a CDI ignition box, they are not reliable and the only way i am going to use a cdi is if i have an extra one in the back seat so i am not stranded on the side of the road… but maybe i will just stay with the ls1 coils and have plug wires? I guess once i get there wiring it and seeing it come together i will decide then.

One day at a time i will try to post pictures as much as i can and let you all know whats going on in my progress.

BTW GOLD FILM = ROCKSTAR!!! hahaha

So I finished my Rad today with the addition of my new Spal fan that i am afraid will suck up small animals and children from the road… I also finished the filler neck and relocated the lower rad hose to the drivers side so that the flow of coolant runs past the fan area to optimize the cooling given the space i have and where i had to place the fan… Next is the turbo mount and manifold!!!

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l283/thermosmcbeal/H22%20Turbo%20Integra/RadSupport04.jpg
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l283/thermosmcbeal/H22%20Turbo%20Integra/RadSupport02.jpg
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l283/thermosmcbeal/H22%20Turbo%20Integra/FrontEnd02.jpg
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l283/thermosmcbeal/H22%20Turbo%20Integra/EngineBay02.jpg

wow, I wish I had fabrication skills like that. so I can guess this going to be a one-off “set it straight” for all H22 DA owners…lol

That radiator setup looks very clean.

Yes the idea is to be a complete one off i guess… I am just tired of seeing the same thing all the time… Worked on the Turbo mounts today check them out…
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l283/thermosmcbeal/H22%20Turbo%20Integra/turbomount01.jpg
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l283/thermosmcbeal/H22%20Turbo%20Integra/turbomount02.jpg

Looks like I need to subscribe to this thread.

Well got news today that my worries about a CDI ignition box are over. I found a company that makes a bullit proof fully reliable cdi box. They are called M&W Ignitions, you may have heard of T1R? They make a complete kit including a cam trigger and coil on plug set ups with the M&W CDI and boast that they are good for 2000hp with absoloutly NO hick ups. The CDI isnt cheap but if you factor in how much a MSD or AEM CDI is i could buy 2 for the price of this one, but the bonus is in the end i shouldnt have to ever replace it so i am saving money essentially down the road… Or so i am telling myself… haha. Gonna try to have the turbo fully placed this weekend so i can start my manifold just after the christmas break…

Tommy