Cracked turbo manifold/consequences of driving with one

As the title subject asks, what are the issues and dangers of continuing to operate my turbo LS with a cracked manifold? I have been driving my car for a month now with crack and am concerned. I have already lost torque and my turbo is not as responsive.
But what harm am I doing to my engine or my turbo as I KNOW I need to stop driving it until I can get a Blox manifold or something of cast iron. No room for a tubular in my engine bay due to a full radiator (currently have a custom log manifold).
Understand that I have turned down the boost from my usual daily driven 16psi to 10psi, reguardless, I TRY (I wont lie, I boost every-so-often) and avoid from boosting at all.
-Just concerned here…

as long as u just drive it normally, u should be allright, but fixing sooner then later would be good. just make sure were it’s cracked it’s no blowing the exhaust to a hose or something

Where’s the crack? It shouldn’t cost too much just to run a bead of weld across it. It doesn’t need to be pretty or anything. Just functional until you get a new manifold. SSAC I assume?

No, ss auto crome. This was a custom log manifold that I had payed a shop to fabricate with no curvatures at all. It has already been welded and that weld only lasted for about two and a half weeks before it cracked again. I entertained myself this weekend by putting JB Weld on the crack (two coats at that) and it did’nt last an hour, but it was all pipe dreams and giggles to entertain myself.
The crack is between the #2 and #3 exhaust and looks as though it stopped at the flange linking to the turbo.
I still need to know the effects to my turbo and/or my engine if I continue to drive on this crack. This is my daily driver yet I have stopped throttling it into boost. Anyone know what damage I am facing?

aside from a slightly diminished O2 sensor reading, you should have no issue driving on a slightly cracked exhaust manifold.

you might notice your air/fuel ratio being a bit off if its leaking enough.

e: actually you might not notice that at all, the crack is before your 02 sensor.

in that case i wouldnt really get on it too much, your O2 sensor could be reading wrong and adjusting your AFR…

it will, at some time, break off and damage your turbine wheel.

^ lol not likely. If it’s cracked an not leaking I wouldn’t stress… If it’s cracked and leaking a little, like stated make sure it’s not directly hitting something. And if it’s cracked and leaking badly then you’ll suffer higher turbo spool up times. I get trucks at my work with all the exhaust mani gaskets puked out of them, their entire engine bay is black from soot and they still drive it

Just purchased a Treadstone cast iron manifold last week. Now I need to find a muffler shop thats willing to install it and redo my down pipe for something more affordable than the local tuner shops. I’ve been getting some outragous qoutes from a couple of shops just to redo my existing down pipe and and dump tube.
One shop quoted me $720 for 8 hours of work (that was with readjusting my charge piping from the passenger to driver side,I used to have a/c). Another shop quoted $300 for 4 hours (no charge pipe work was asked of). Are these fair prices, or are you guys on the same page as me?

my buddy paid 400 for a full custom downpipe to keep a/c and run around his charge piping to go to his greddy sp2 exhaust which had to be cut and welded to fit his flexpipe and his cat… did a sweet job too…

Hello! Very interesting topic, thank you raised it [TABLE=“border: 0, cellpadding: 0, cellspacing: 0”]
[TR]
[TD=“width: 123”]walmartone[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]