DA9 fmic install

im starting this thread to make turbo install alot easier

how is the front mount fitted and what do the brackets look like?
what needs moving or removing to fit the cooler and piping.

please keep this on topic ill try and make this into a teg tip once ive finished with cad drawings of all the brackets involved etc.

brackets and such will be different with each intercooler. try looking at the intercooler in 92 bumper thread ( cant memeber the exact name) theres tons of front mount pics in there

first of all, do you know how to weld? or know someone who does?

this will make the install MUCH cleaner, and easier.

yeh i know how to weld and my brother is a boiler maker anyway.

ive got a long thinish cooler like whats standard on the turbo kits

all that you have to move is the power steering cooling lines which is not very hard. the brackets to hold the intercooler all depend on how big it is and its shape.

could u just fit the cooler like this ----> / so its not vertical and keep the cooler bits there still

won’t work on our cars. our p/s coolers are a single long loop with fins on the line. just remove it as it doesn’t do much anyways

if your lines aren’t to rusted, you can use a hand held line bender and make a sort of zig zag in the line which will re route it behind the support thing. if you know what im trying to say haha.

Quote: if your lines aren’t to rusted, you can use a hand held line bender and make a sort of zig zag in the line which will re route it behind the support thing. if you know what im trying to say haha.

This sounds interesting… can you elaborate a little more or draw a diagram, a picture is worth a 1000 words.

u can make it any way u want but i dont really see the need for it