da9bigboi's 92 GS build thread

Oh yeah…912s…when I got them I didn’t know what the heck was the those holes in the tires for…SPIKES lol for snow…idk still…

Heh Indeed. Studded tires are very common out this way… Not so much in the Fresno area lol.

I know. We need some snow up in here for a min…not too much though lol…just a little bit to have fun…I lived in Kansas city Kansas and I know that snow feeling is…I was up there from Jan-June and that snow lasted bout a month and a half…I liked it for the first day or 2 and was like damn it ain’t no fun anymore lol…

Lookin Good Meng!!! Now find me some EK side skirts!!! LOL

Been forever since my last build post…what I have done so far…

Found 2 complete obd-1 b18c1 completes with gsr hydro transmission.
1 was missing the harness and some bolts…
It came with a skunk2 pro series manifold…fidanza flywheel and Exedy clutch still with lots of grab…
I ordered a set of hasports 62a stock…rywire vtec subharness…type r throttle cable and bracket…clutch cable…speedometer cable…radio delete plate…phillips screws for the brake rotors…and a bunch of other parts from Acura…

B18c1 hydro transmission sold them cause I didn’t have space. Wish I didn’t

Main motor I’m using

Other motor sitting

Found these at the junk yard…

Removed my LS the right way this time with a real hoist lol…

While the engine was out I decided to delete the abs…I never done and almost decided not to because I thought it was hard…nope. It’s easy

Reusing the same master cylinder and brake booster

B17 slapped onto the b18 and almost ready to go…

Finally installed with the help of my bro in law…gotta thank him for helping me align these tuff hasport mounts in…

All done…it started up after the 3rd turnover…had to let the gas flow through…

Picked up more parts…
Skunk 2 68mm throttlebody I got in a trade for the extra fidanza flywheel I had…it was like new in box without tps…all bolts included…

Got pulled over by a cop for my greddy mx cat back. He gave me a fix it ticket. I hope it’s not a state ref.
So I had my stock one and it wasn’t good at all anymore since I left it outside with the dog and something got stuck in the resonator pipe. I slapped that one on and took it to a chp to sign off and that was easy. After that I went to the court and tried to pay it but the lady said it was too early. Also she said it was state ref and I was like heck no. The cop even told me it wasn’t and its just a fix it ticket. No stamp on the back of the ticket. So it’s been about a good 2 weeks and I finally got the mail from the traffic court place. It doesn’t say nothing about state ref. just fix it or pay bail.

So I hope it’s all good as I’m going in tomorrow to find out.

Damnnn. Dont make me pick up another one. Lol. Very clean swap meng.

Thanks yo…

was the abs delete as easy as just replacing witht the proportioning valve?

didnt know you had a build thread.nice stuff man.

Yeah it really was once the motor is out. Mayb with it in too as you just follow whatever that was on the abs just all comes off…I started out with the sensors first that goes near the brake rotors…be careful with removing the line that goes to that ball looking thing below the battery…that thing has pressure and sprays like foam looking shit…be prepare to catch it with a pan…putting on the lines was a little more work. Removing things is always the easiest part to do…What you remove is mostly all them pink plugs…sucks that you have to keep them though…a wire tuck shall remove em…I was in a hurry to install the motor so I skipped it…

:rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:[QUOTE=captainda9;2253437]didnt know you had a build thread.nice stuff man.[/QUOTE]

:rockon:

I got the hood bra w/fenders pieces and sidemarkers today in the mail. This is hella mint like brand new. No stains what so ever. Thanks Sikauto again.

Car washed up. Cleaned inside too. Looking fresh.

its getting there… good job so far

Thanks…there was a few parts that I got rid of just cause I didn’t want it to be too much attention whore…like the Seibon cf hood and hatch with fal window. Also the mugen side skirt reps…But I think for now that’s how the exterior is gonna be like…maybr I might get a type r rep lip or a jdp one…I was thinking about original real window visors too and the rear sunshade but idk yet…also I’m looking for some authentic wheels too…maybe the spoon that the slipstreams replicates from. Idk what they are called.

Oh yeah. I forgot to mention I picked up a ys1 trans at the junk yard a few weeks ago on a muddy rainy ass day at pick a part all by myself. That shit was a bitch to take since it was wayyy in the back. The roads was muddy as fuck. So I had to push it with them homemade carriers they make…but I got it 50% off. $65 plus core fees taxes it came to like $85 with the shift linkage. I didn’t need the shift linkage but I was too tired…bitch pin was a bitch until I got home on a sunnier day…I just bought it for the casing for my b17 trans incase one day it blows…mayb I shoulda coulda kepted the gsr hydro trans after all and swap internals…fawwwwkkkkk

What suspension are u on bro?