Damn Passenger side water leaks!! 56k no no

So let me get this straight… since you already showed us where the leak is coming from , from the outside part… we DON’T need to tear apart under the dash correct? Just find the piece from the outside and silicone that mofo up good?

^^^^ im wondering the same thing…sorry for the repeat! because sometimes when i turn the fan/ heater on when i get in the car after it rained i can hear water in the air/heater blower or ducts… thnx in advance

Do not silicone…I tried telling my bf that it doesn’t work and he put a ton of it on there, filled all the plug holes and did around the air cover (the smaller cowl) and it still fucking leaks pretty bad. Now getting all that off is going to be a pain in the ass, cause he didnt’ listen to me. :bang:

Can some1 answer. My question above… If we should not silicone, then what needs to be done. I’m just trying to get this right the first time. Thnx

OMG it’s been said in countless threads…search…you need the 8 cowl plugs from the dealer

Along with the cowl plugs I used Honda Bond sealant on my teg, we’ve had several storms come in since September and no leaks…I’m good for another 14 years! I used the sealant around the cowl plugs and the areas which were shown earlier to have leakage.

i just saw a damn puddle in my car…so this weekend its time to fix it…i was hoping i was one of the few who didnt have any leaks…but i guess not…

well i’m on the same boat “literally”. i got in my car, throwing my backpack on the passenger floor, then realised i needed to get something from it. pulled the backpack up and onto my lap…EWWWWW. freaking thing was soaked, and well there’s like dirt or oil or whatever residue shiet too. previous owner looked as if he left all the windows open throughout the year. so ima have to order new cowl plugs and stuff, and the lil weather stripping thing too, cuz the guys that put on a new windshield said it was too F’d up and they didn’t have one for it. =( i also noticed that my cowl doesn’t have any of the black plugs on the outside, so u can see thru all the lil holes…FREAKING A HOLE. and to add to that, the NEW weather stripping on the top passenger side of the windshield wasn’t all that great, so i could see the leak coming down like where the visor is. so i also have to go and get that part redone. not a happy camper =( luckily the windshield place will repair for free.

So I could see into the cowl and see where the water was dripping from

There is nothing wrong with using silicone, but there is a specific type you have to use that bonds well to metal and plastic surfaces and is MEANT to prevent water leaks. What do you think honda-bond is, a high temp non corroding silicone meant to bond to plastic and metal and prevent leaks. So there is nothing wrong with silicone. Not all silicones will prevent leaks, plus you have to properly prep the area so it will bond well, just slabbing the stuff on thinking it’ll fix the leak is not correct. There is even a type of silicone that if properly cured can but stuck under water and will not leak.

Please research information before saying don’t use this or don’t use that. If used properly and the correct type silicone WILL do the job and last for a long time or even longer then the life of the car. I’ve poured countless buckets of water OVER my siliconed pieces and looked at it.

Plus Like i said, it wasn’t leaking from the cowl pieces, it was leaking from the window bracket and the white cowl bracket, totally different from the rubbers people are replacing.

It leaks from OTHER places other then the 8 cowl plugs. I’ve already said that.

I just showed the places where it leaked for me, since I had already fixed the cowl plugs and it was still leaking, I decided to pull the motor out so i could see into the vent so i could see where the leak was coming from.

I would be better to remove yours to see forself if it’s the same place. I just posted the pictures so let everyone else know some other places leaks might be coming from. Might not be the same for everyone.

Just to be on the safe side, I’d remove what I removed just so you can pour watever over the cowl piece and see exactly where it’s leaking from before removing the cowl piece.

I’d also take the blower motor out to inspect it. Make sure it’s dried out and the motor is fine from all the water damage.

Make sure they properly install the windshield, i’ve know people who had leaks because the windshiel was off just a BIT, causing passenger side leaks.

for me at least, silicone didn’t work. I tried plumber’s putty, and made sure it didnt leak, that ended up to be a temporary fix. Because of all the rain SoCal’s been getting the past 2 days, my passenger side carpet is wet as hell (luckily I have OE floormats which sort of act as a “catch pan” if you will, with their rubber bottom). Surprisingly my blower fan hasnt shorted, even though I turned it on and it literally pumped water onto my carpet.

I’m going to have to open it all up and clean the crap off and look for that shoo-goo or whatever. Where would I find some anyway?

when the rain stops i’m going to have to take my carpet out to dry. Mold FTL. It’s starting to smell a little already…like a locker room.

[QUOTE=ez12a;1799834]for me at least, silicone didn’t work. I tried plumber’s putty, and made sure it didnt leak, that ended up to be a temporary fix. Because of all the rain SoCal’s been getting the past 2 days, my passenger side carpet is wet as hell (luckily I have OE floormats which sort of act as a “catch pan” if you will, with their rubber bottom). Surprisingly my blower fan hasnt shorted, even though I turned it on and it literally pumped water onto my carpet.

I’m going to have to open it all up and clean the crap off and look for that shoo-goo or whatever. Where would I find some anyway?

when the rain stops i’m going to have to take my carpet out to dry. Mold FTL. It’s starting to smell a little already…like a locker room.[/QUOTE]

If the wrong type of silicone is used, or the area isn’t prepped to work with silicone, it won’t adhere to the surface. Of even if it isn’t cured properly. All of those can go wrong very easily and cause leaks. Or it might evne be leaking from somewhere else that you didn’t silicone. Thats why I took off the blower motor to see.

But all in all the only point of entry for water is over that blower hole right?

what if I just made something that extended underneath past the white clips and rubber boots and covered the blower hole (but not blocking it)?

[QUOTE=ez12a;1802626]But all in all the only point of entry for water is over that blower hole right?

what if I just made something that extended underneath past the white clips and rubber boots and covered the blower hole (but not blocking it)?[/QUOTE]

I know what your thinking, i was playing on making a funnel of some kind that pointed of to the side so that water couldn’t get into the tunnel. I mean it’s worth a shot.

Would it hurt anything to just plug the holes? I was thinking about taking out all of the plugs and either weld or quicksteel the holes closed…would that work without messing anything up?

how would you keep the blower cover on then?