Damn Passenger side water leaks!! 56k no no

Leak free baby!!! Even with all the rain we’ve gotten here in Norcal the past week and a half. My car’s been outside the entire time and my passenger side floor is dry like the Sahara…this works man if you seal the correct areas.

Good to know, but keep a eye on it in the future, but glad its working.

buddsda: How about instead of NARCING this thread, you just hit the REPLY button instead. :bang:

buddsda ( mailto:budd562@hotmail.com ) has reported this post:

http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1640621#post1640621

This is part of this thread:
http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163003

This is the reason that the user gave:
question bro…you all you did was just put silicone over those clips?
mang my fucking car smells like over due ass water and smells like shit
cause of this bull shit ass clips and water leaking!

This message has been sent to all moderators of this forum, or all
administrators if there are no moderators.

Please respond to this post as applicable.

[QUOTE=spikeymike;1811970]buddsda: How about instead of NARCING this thread, you just hit the REPLY button instead. :bang:

buddsda ( mailto:budd562@hotmail.com ) has reported this post:

http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1640621#post1640621

This is part of this thread:
http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163003

This is the reason that the user gave:
question bro…you all you did was just put silicone over those clips?
mang my fucking car smells like over due ass water and smells like shit
cause of this bull shit ass clips and water leaking!

This message has been sent to all moderators of this forum, or all
administrators if there are no moderators.

Please respond to this post as applicable.[/QUOTE]

Lol, maybe he wanted to talk to you specifically mike

Hhahahaha, dude this is like the 2nd time he has done that.

i’m guessing

this “blower” stuff has something to do with the A/C? my car’s a/c don’t work becuz there is no belt on the pulley of my compressor which looks toasted too. anyways it was pouring all day today and after work i get in my car, its raining and all and my peice of paper i use to take notes is wet a little bit so i take it and turn on the fan to dry it a bit and i hear water dripping. i look around and notice its leaking… im guessing the same thing that says in this thread but i’m asking will it only leak if i use the a/c fan? because this is the first time it’s happened… if it is just that then i won’t use the fan anymore to stop it for good.

Anyways, already gutted the rear, about to take apart the entire front end. Sigh. Poured a gallon of sealant on the cowl last time, I guess I’ll be approaching this from the inside. Sigh here we go for the 5th time.

If it rains anymore it’ll slowly fill up the blower and overflow. While it fills up the blow it’ll either fry it or rust it up causing it not to work at all while letting water into the cabin.

What do you mean? I kinda get it but I have gone to check this morning because it was raining hard all day yesterday but no leaks. I didn’t want to test it by turning on the A/c fan so I just left it as is. I’m guessing it didn’t overflow because after I turned it on yesterday and realized it. It slowly dripped and what not.

It’ll start leaking sooner or later because the water trapped in the blower will start to break down the metal or seals holding in the water right now. The water will cause the fan to short and rust the metal parts, and sooner or later it’ll eat through the rubber parts.

So next time it rains really hard it’llf ill up the blower again. Your fan might now bet working for much longer if it shorts it out or rusts out the metal pieces inside.

Heh i get it now because today i wash my car… and i haven’t noticed anything until i was finished and was going to go to the park to play some ball when i looked at the floor and all i see is water run and a small puddle on my waterproof custom cut floormats lol. i just wanna say how is the leak? since you’ev fixed it any problems? so your blower(the black thing) is removed from your car? im guessing with my car it overflowed. hopefully ill get around and fix this mess

The blower is the white thing… at least mine is.

No, why would I remove the blower? I wouldn’t have a fan if i did. I removed the blower just to see where the leak was coming from and put it back.

The blower is white. The black thing could be your condenser or if you have no a/c the bypass pipe.

would it be possible to go to the honda dealer and they do it for you? lol

Yes but I’d be afraid to know how much they would charge…probably over $300 because of labor…

you can go to the shop and have them put the turbo on and tune and everytihgin or even swap the motor but it will cost u crazy amount of money and why it seems like a easy fix im gonna start working this tomorow because im in florida and its starting to rain everyday now, got to love raining season.

Well the third time I’m doing this on my third different Integra… I’m getting to be an expert but it’s a pain…plus all the parts this time cost me $72. And that was getting a break from the dealer because he couldn’t understand why Acura jacks up these parts so much.
So hopefully after taking care of this no more leak for another 14 years.

As you can see I used HondaBond underneath all the new rubber seals and the plastic parts which also leak.

The parts list…

Well for everyone that may be interested… i needed to replace the front windshield … so i went a head and order all the new window moldings, blower cover,the big plastic cowl on top, along with every plastic plus and every pressure screw that goes on this assembly of the car ( mine where either missing of cracked/or philips head was damaged do to previous owner. So i order everything from the dealer new. Hopefully this will do the trick for the leaks. ( including those white clips which also take some type of “gasket” to prevent leaks, as the dealer man said.

here goes part list…

QTY - PART # - DESCRIPTION AS READS ON PRINT OUT

1 - 73151-SK7-023 - MLDG. FR WINDS
1 - 73150-SK7-013 - MOLDING R FRONT
1 - 73160-SK7-013 - MOLDING L FRONT
6 - 91501-SK7-013 - CAP ASSY. COWL Y
1 - 74200-SK7-A01 - COWL TOP ASSY
6 - 91502-SK7-013 - GROMMET COWL T
8 - 90657-SA6-003 - CLIP FRONT COWL
2 - 91513-SH3-003 - CLIP C HOOD
1 - 74213-SK7-A02 - COVER BLOWER H
8 - 91608-SJ6-003 - BOOT SCREW RIV Y

AND $$ SPENT $277.83 ( i used to work at acura and know that parts guy hence the prices =) … if u go haggle them on prices or prepare to bend over back wards… example with out my discount … almost $500 …$3.99 for plastic blower cover expanding screw (plastic)… lol thats not what i paid =)

MOST EXPENSIVE PARTS ARE TOP COWL, BLOWER COVER, AND FOR ME THE SIDE MOLDINGS … EVERYTHING ELSE IS LITTLE BUT MORE QUANTITY SO IT ADDS UP =)

K THNX

thanx

thank you so much for posting this thread with pictures and what to do… i tried this and am waiting for the rain to come to see if that fixed it. if not then i guess i have to hunt some more. thanx again.

Ferbs

i Did it,Got the seals and everything else with no problems then sealed it with shoe goo.5 hours later it started to rain…Figures i hope everything dried and holds up…