Dashpot and other intake mani line??

so basically you just disconnect all the wires that go to those dashpots and plug where they came from? i want to clean up my engine bay and this would be a start

You do that for the red one, but for the dash pot, I think you just unbolt it and go.

thanks for the pics stu :smiley:

Sure thing.

so i just took off both of the “Flying Saucers” and while i was at it, i checked compression.before i had about 180 in the 1,2,4 and 115 in 3 cylinders, then i did that Sea Foam stuff to clear out carbon deposits. now its 175 in 1, 168 in 2 and 4, and 95 in 3. i need to get that new block for turbo fast

I had no where to run the hose for either of them after my turbo install, so for fun I connected the dashpot and the other thing together to see what it would do.

I think the vacuum created by the “other thing” cause the dashpot to open the Throttle plate becuase my idle went sky high and kept rising…for a second i had forgotten that i had done that and almost shit myself when the idle didnt go down :bang:

heh…just a dumb FYI:)

Hahah good to know

Originally posted by xenocron
[B]I had no where to run the hose for either of them after my turbo install, so for fun I connected the dashpot and the other thing together to see what it would do.

I think the vacuum created by the “other thing” cause the dashpot to open the Throttle plate becuase my idle went sky high and kept rising…for a second i had forgotten that i had done that and almost shit myself when the idle didnt go down :bang:

heh…just a dumb FYI:) [/B]

Good to know that bro. RIght now when I start my teg it automaticly revs up to 2500 rpms and it stays there. I hate it!

I know there is a vacuum leak somewhere but I cant find it. I can hear it too but I just dont know where is coming from. I checked all the vacuum lines and they seem ok. What the hell ?

Maurice check your intake mianfold gasket.

Take some carb cleaner and spray it on your motor while it’s running. Actually first, soak your air filter in it for like two seconds so you can hear the change in the idle. Then spray it around where you think the leak is, when you find it, the idle will change like when you sprayed the air filter. It’s the best way to find a vacuum leak.

good thread guys, yeah 100 years later just got my first da contimplating removing the dashpot and that other thing lol