Ebay headers

mkay so i currently ow a 92 integra
5 speed 152k

so im wondering if the ebay headers are good at all?
i dont have that much money so if i get one will it be just a total waste of money?

need help please!

ebay is a tricky thing, every now and then you’ll find something decent, theres a few clutch kits and such that are pretty good etc, but headers/turbo manifolds they are pretty crappy and tend to crack easily. just my opinion tho save your money and find something on here in the parts for sale you’ll be much safer.

if you do buy one on ebay, avoid auctions that you see the same picture like 30 times for different auctions. and also SRS is NOT RSR lol its a good play on the name tho to get the people that don’t pay attention to think they are buying quality products.

iv had to never had a real issue besides the middle tends to leak but easy fix is file it dwn flat bc when the weld they take no caution and it warps after som fileing ur good to go

The cheap headers are crap. I have heard decent things about Megan, but I will tell you that the cheap headers are crap. :wink:

no complants like i said no dyno test from me though i can say me but says there is a power gain

i’ve never had any problems with the ebay header on my teg, other than having to cut that bracket off of the downpipe and having to make clearance between it and the oil pan. if i ever have a leak it’ll be because of the shitty gaskets they give you with the header.

never had a problem with mine. Bought it 1.5 years ago thinking, hey if it breaks I can always buy another at this price, and haven’t had any issues since. Bolted right up too no problems.

They might be cheap and easy to repair if it’s worth it against getting a new set but the real question is what is the performance.

I’d rather save and suffer to get the most performance for my money than a little better than stock. Do some research and see what the performance gains are on the headers you’re looking at and decide if you should save some more for another company or pull the trigger and go for the cheap set.

Remember that there is a distinct difference between inexpensive and cheap.

A perfect example is wheels. I want to get a nice lightweight set in a particular size/offset but I can’t afford Volk unless I saved for a long time. So my dilema is to weigh build quality and weight of knock offs. If I can pay a 3rd of the cost of Volks/Works for what I want I’m not to worried about them being Knock offs.

well I’m looking at this header for $75 and i’m woderinf if it’s gonna be worth it. Cause it looks pretty good.

Can you guys put pics up of your header from eBay!

Ive got a ebay header on my db and its pretty good. I got it for around $70 and I had alittle trouble getting it on. I had to take the center support beam off for it to fit and it does touch my oil pan. It made a decent difference though so I say for the small price it was worth it.

ive read a long ass time ago a few places that they decrease hp.
i wouldnt gettem its just ebay junk thats gunna sound like a tin can
i got a new ceramic neuspeed header off ebay for $60

Like everyones telling me not too get them cause it’s just a piece of shit. I’m just looking for something that give me a little bit more hp and would be pretty cheap.
What should I get?

man I would to see a pic of the header you got from eBay and what kind it is.
Thanks paolo

I had one on my first teggy. I think I picked it up for less than 75 bucks and I’ve never had a problem with it but then again I never tuned to see the difference with just the install of the headers. It really depends on the material of the headers and coating? email the distributor and ask them some questions.

dude, ebay 4-2-1 suck. considering the stock exhaust manifold is a 4-1. the oil pan doesnt have enough room for the 2 pipes on the downpipe so one hangs down lower. which is bad if you are slammed, i smashed that pipe flat when i bottomed out… oops. i had one on my car. never really made a difference in power. but sounded like crap too, and oh yea, fitment is not too good. if you want a good exhaust manifold check this out.

http://www.kamikazeperformance.com/store/shop.cgi/page=acura.html/SID=1227146204.818

This stainless steel header was purchased a few years ago on ebay from tunerpros, but their web site is expired Mar 5th 2010 - may be out of business? Anyway it was a good buy…
I purchased it because it came with the Y pipe - my rattled like crazy (pipe inside the pipe) It has been good so far…
Graham

last time I checked eBay didn’t make headers… people DO put headers of multiple brand names for bid on eBay though.

I had a cheap Chikara header that never fit quite right. I must have hit a bump or pot hole at some point, one of my head bolts busted, couldn’t get it out and later I ended up blowing a head gasket. Had I left the car alone- or bought a properly fitted header I could have avoided $$$ of repairs.

highly doubt u bottming out had anyhing to do with the head gasket

[QUOTE=g2tegra;2139896]last time I checked eBay didn’t make headers… people DO put headers of multiple brand names for bid on eBay though.

I had a cheap Chikara header that never fit quite right. I must have hit a bump or pot hole at some point, one of my head bolts busted, couldn’t get it out and later I ended up blowing a head gasket. Had I left the car alone- or bought a properly fitted header I could have avoided $$$ of repairs.[/QUOTE]

Haha wow. This is one of those statement like

“I took my car to get brake work done last week and now my transmission is messed up. They must have broke my car.”

As far as eBay headers just don’t bother with it. Go name brand or go home. And even with name brand, if you aren’t having motor work done and racing your car and what not just save your money. There is no benefit to a header unless yours is already cracked or something of that nature. Save your money and use it for something else.I have a Megan header on my car and could use some extra cash so I would probably consider selling it if you would be interested.