ebay kits, ssautochrome, xs power, stone mountain racing

I think you’re missing the point across the board. Your motor isn’t going to blow because you have shitty turbo components bolted to it, your motor will blow due to lack of tuning. Most people think “turbo kit” and just run out and buy a complete kit and slap it together, not thinking of engine management.

The bulk of these kits have shitty ECU hacks that are guaranteed to fail.

The revhard is a worthless kit. You will end up upgrading some major shit. The cast manifold flows like ass and the WG is in a piss poor spot. The engine management is severely lacking period. If you want to piss your money away feel free to. You can piece together a much more superior kit for a lot less with choice parts.

The first thing you need to focus on is tuning, after that the other options fall into place. If it comes with a ‘check valve’ then don’t buy it. I know the missing link is a high quality product but the FMU that you’re running with it is bullshit.

whats wrong with corky bell’s maximum boost?

DONT BUY CHEAP SHIT.
450$ ->

how about someone buys my turbonetics turbo for 2100 and gets the debate over with??? lol

i can vouch for a ncie setup

I am on the anti-SSAC bandwagon, have been for 2 years now, ever since there wastegate stuck and blew the shit out of my friends LS/VTEC.

But my friends we are fighting an uphill battle, the n00bs that want to half-ass stuff, will always half-ass there cars, the cars will always look like shit, perform like shit, and last all of about 6 months. Its just like the kids who put a turbo kit on and say well iM juSt GoiNG tO ruN THis FMU for the time being, till i get the cash to tune it. well why didnt you wait and do that in the first place. now your motors blown to shit, the 2 months of exposing your injectors to 120psi of fuel pressure now makes the motor idle like shit and misfire. Those kids are hard-headed. they want to learn the hard way and theres nothing we can do, I have at least 6 years under my belt of building Hondas, am a factory trained honda technician, and still the kids dont want to listen when you warn them of the stupid ass shit they do. I just shake my head and walk away, im tired of arguing, and im tired of every damn thing i say being questioned a million times. it gets old repeating the same shit, then only to be questioned about it, told im wrong, then to come to the same conclusion that i was right and now your motor has a hole in the side of it with a rod hanging out, because you thought you tuned your motor, but forgot that you cant set timing with an s-afc.

Listen to X-Dep kids, hes not lying to you and neither am I.

My buddys still running the XS power kit going on 7 monthes, turbos in a bit rough shape could use a rebuild, other then that its been good to him at 10psi on civic b18c1, for 800$ hes getting quite the build.

Me on the other hand ( i sold it to him ) just bought my turbo stuff

-turbonetics turbo
-HKS SSQV bov
-Tial 38mm WG
-FMIC
-3" exh
-dsm bluetops
-ACT clutch

:ohyeah:

i have a “ebay kit” but its not XS or SS. its called godspeed and they have GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE and they gave me a warranty on turbo,manifold and intercooler. ill let you know how she holds up when i put her in next week

I got the NEW version on the XS power manifold. Went to a shop and they say its welding and braced very well compared to what they used to be. I do not care about looks. Im just looking for the most out of my money. I mean here is some pics of the one i got, should be on in a week and i will let you know of the dyno pulls.

I have the same manifold. Flows great but had to have the thing re welded because the welds did not hold. Braces broke and one of the pipes cracked due to weight. Also had to re surface because of warpage. XS Power Manifold.

Beware of XS Power Manifolds. Need rewelding!

along with my integra i also own an IS300 and i am a member on supraforums.com…i can tell you that there are 10 second supras running xspower turbos and other parts with no problems…now im not on the banwagon but xspower is based about 2 hours from me and thier customer service is top notch…they also have a great warranty and will take care of you…alot of you may not know but ssac and xspower are under new ownership and the quality has gotten alot better…my buddy has thier tubular manifold, 50mm WG and tial knock off BOV on his greddy T-78 mk4 supra…the parts look and perform great and he has had no issues.

I’Ve always been the one who claim that SS autocrome does shitty manifold but strongly braced, it does the job. MISTAKE ! i’ve been running my braced manifold for 1 year and half now and last week i heard a noise that kept being higher and higher with the days. I decided to look out and realized my manifold was braking like glass ! yeah, remember the image of a lightning in the sky ? it is cracking exactly like this, and not only on the solder, on the metal itself, where the turbo flange is welded and all the way to the top. Material is so thin that it is inevitable. Even though i’ve complained now, its now being rewelded and i’ll use it again… i’ll never learn, but hey, its cheap stuff…! 10 psi still

yea im on the SSAC sucks shit bandwagon now, my buddies turbo was DESTROYED after less then a years use, the manifold leaked like whore and busted twice, his WG was just a piece of shit , its all replaced now, I just havent been on this forum in a few monthes now :confused:

sorry wrong thread. ignore

from my experience iam having now, order your kit in pieces or with someone who has one and knows exactly what to get. i ordered a complete kit from xspower and i like the looks of the welds and stuff and the manifold looks wicked, but it’s not as he pictured it. the turbo needs to be spun and mounted the opposite way because the intake hole for the intercooler piping hits the block, the downpipe won’t fit the way he pictured it, it doesn’t come with a dumptube because they state that it hits the frame or some shit, the intercooler piping isn’t as pictured, i got 3 pipes from the photo and two wack bent pieces of garbage that look like they could fit in a mack truck, some hardware isn’t there, i was missing the manifold gasket, lucky i had a spare, and not all the hoses are there. but i got a set of billet racing pulleys and a billet fuel rail that weren’t listed, and i have about enough flanges and spares to build my own turbo kit if i buy some extra piping. so if i were to do it again i would buy a universal piping kit with 12 pipes,12 rubber fittings, and 24 clamps, a t3/t04e turbo, a tial wastegate, any bov that isn’t too cheap, and a 2.5" downpipe that bolts to the right (pass side) of the turboyou know will fit. the 3" one i got wouldn’t even fit between the block and the support. so it’s honestly up to you on how you do it but be careful.

to DCAteg well i just got the twisted ram manifold and it beats that one by a fucking longshot. i bought that one and decided to swap completly. the pipes are 1/2 inch bigger and it looks fucking sick. check it out on ebay. the whole kit sucks though cause i got sent some wrong shit and i am pissed. i am missing hardware gaskets and hoses, the intercooler piping and the downpipe is wrong, but i got billet pulleys and a billet fuel rail that weren’t in the deal and also got enough flanges to make a spare kit. but hey if you want some bang for your buck you did ok in my book, the welds and supports on them are nice if you look close. there only has to be a small defect in any weld for it to crack or break

Add me to the list of dumb@$$e$ that didn’t heed the warning and went the cheap route. I can send you pic’s of my xs power pos where it broke all the way around right above the turbo flange…and I even added extra bracing. The welds look great from the outside, but there is not enough penetration, and the metal is too thin. If you would like pic’s email me at moffett_30@yahoo.com. Also, it lasted about 3000 miles. Dont be a cheap@$$, buy the good stuff.

-Steve

low priced kit

anyone ever checked out the “tunerzimage” turbo kit???

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2066406&page=1

TunerzImage will hook you up right…

I bought a lousy eGay kit, and everything did work, it was just TERRIBLE quality. My manifold cracked hardcore and I ended up replacing everything except the charge piping… Go figure.

They’ll work if you have money to throw away, they’re just a PITA to keep going. If you want a reliable car, spend the extra cash.