NO!

http://www.google.com/search?q=ssautochrome

http://www.homemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php?topic=28135.0
http://www.homemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php?topic=3921.0

http://www.evans-tuning.com

http://honda-tech.com/zeroforum/16

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/tech_center/turbo_tech103.html

http://www.bentleypublishers.com/gallery.htm?code=gtur&seqnum=12&subject=24

Ive got an XSpower kit, no complaints here, I wouldnt base your judgements off a few negative customers, look how many kits and feed back they have for sales, compare it to the amount of complaints , you can find maybe 50 threads on the wide web on bad situations out of thousands of sold kits, dunno man…no one makes a flawless product, there is always a chance for defect.

likewise, when people give positive feedbacks, they give them right after they receive shipment. later down the line they could explode and not post a followup feedback. also, many probably assume it is their fault, or a fluke.

there is no guessing here. a turbine spinning at 150,000 rpm requires balancing and precision machining. they cannot afford to do this. it requires higher quality materials. they cannot afford this. the manifolds require higher quality welding. they cannot afford this.

if yours doesn’t blow up, good for you. most people reading this thread are new to turbos and not prepared to be screwed. i have welders, tools, time and knowledge available to take such risks. these guys don’t.

we are saving them much headache, time, and money by just commanding them to move on. don’t pass go. just listen to those with experience, without question, and don’t look back. good luck.

good stuff.

honda-tech is talkin about the same thing. i dont see how these kits are “chinese” when they made here in the US.

stupid, stupid. Their either cdm or jdm shit product, made out of melted down tincans. The mods do not want you to argue with a VIP post I would think.

oooh, and made in the US? Thats a stupid assumption that you didnt even read one thread to make, let alone fifty. It’s coming from a chinese factory, the closest any of that shit comes to america, is canada.

Most turbo are made in brazil and the welds from united states. You seems someone who doesnt know much about canadians. I own the SS kit, and my grand is pushing 230 hp for 5 months now

what about this kit from ebay???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Treadstone-Turbo-Kit-Acura-Integra-GSR-GS-LS-B18-B16_W0QQitemZ170030639670QQihZ007QQcategoryZ6755QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It’s fine but if youre going to buy a kit for 2,000$ why not go full-rice?

full race or full rice?

I can’t believe people spend their money on this junk. These kits come from the same factory that make garden tools, BBQ tongs, and other stuff. How could someone doing that type of manufacturing have the know-how, ability, and complete testing resources to pop-out turbo kits the way they do? They don’t. Companies like Full-Race, RevHard, Inline Pro, Stage-6 Motorsports, Precision Turbo, etc, etc have had tons of R&D time not to mention the quality of product they produce with their manifolds, Piping, and the products they develop and use in their kits. Why would you spend 2K dollars on an eBay junk kit when you could have a kit from a RELIABLE and PROFESSIONAL company like the above listed for a few hundred dollars more? Its really a now-brainer decision. Stay away from this stuff and others like them. Knock-off BOV’s, WasteGates, Intercoolers, Turbos, etc, don’t have any place in the tuner community. If you want to be rice, then go ahead and run rice product. Just don’t come to us complaining when it brakes when you take your first test-drive and it ruins your engine and all the product you just bought from junk-bay. :crazy:

bassboyy2005

I have a 90 integra. I’m thinking about going with a turbo. This is my first import, but i’ve had alot of v8s so i’m not new to speed. I want to know what makes the kits from ebay so bad? Where do you get your info from about them, like where are they made? If you never owned one, how do you know it is junk? Do you know someone who owned one? I’m not trying to be sarcastic or anything , I’m just trying to get some facts before I go turbo and get a bad turbo.

i bought a turbo kit from ssautocrome 1st on wasnt bad got a bunch of extras like a xs power rad, fuel pressure reg all kinds of stuff i didnt order it was 57 trim turbo but i ordered second turbo for a friend never came good thing for paypal dispute! got my money back

ask some of the customers that have had them for a while, you do know there is a history thing called feedback…so why not ask them? (it shows their purchase from months past…)
:NEWB:

BBQ tongs :lol:

Not to start a bitch fest but last I knew these came with garret internals now. I know the first turboes they were making split in 2. I have a buddy with an Ls running 7 psi with a kit from them and he likes to drive like a dumb ass ricer everywhere so he has gotten plenty of use from the kit and still no problems.

Also have a buddy with a semi built sohc (yeah I told him that sohc’s suck also) anyway he has just the xs turbo, has had it for over a year tuned for max 18psi track and 10-12psi street and has never had a problem. From what I’ve heard they are only having problems with there wastegates and bov’s that they make now.

I’ve got a new ss auto chrome kit. Works just fine, I would recommend a oil line restrictor to save your turbo seals though. Thats what seems to make the turbos last longer. Also brace your turbo manifold with extra steel and be prepared to have the downpipe modified to fit. You will also need a dump tube fabd up. Intercooler piping is a must as well as most ebay kits dont come with dump and intercooler piping. Streamline motor sports offers hard pipe kits for about 150 bucks. You will also need to weld up some brackets for your intercooler, get your ecu chipped with a engine management software, and tuned later on. Also need injectors like dsm blue tops and maybe a resistor box.

Ignorance causes fear and people to knock what they dont have first hand experience with. They just wanna ride the hater tech, people get a shitty ass slow raspin fire breathin honda, read a few forms and suddenly they coach and teach people hear say. Normaly these lame a$$ people cant even afford or install the ebay kit to begin with so they knock it in envy and true desire. If those idiots woke up one morn and some hoolum had installed a ssauto kit on there car theyd hop right in it beatin it up with a smile ear to ear praising the kit.

I personally am prepared to keep my self under control and walet in hand if my kit explodes leaving my car to a fury of fire. Mean while I leave you in the dust while I laugh and roll on with my 1k budjet built pos jottin 12.96s on the board. [15psi, slicks, b18a1, t3t4 .50 .63]

My lil junker was a whole lot faster than I ever expected. It sure is nice to line up with a 50k car and beat the brakes off it knowing that you have less than 3k in the whole car.

:owned:

i agree with both parties.

I will say this, their turbos are not QUALITY. they may get the job done, but a good way to tell a product is to look at the resale value and how many there are. I cant say that i have ever seen an xs power turbo with more than 5k on it. if u want to have fun for a few miles go for it, but if u drop ur car on a nicer turbo, u will get a hell of a lot more back if u decide to sell it (which most ppl do)

as for their manifolds- dont waste ur time. proven failure

wastegates- i know several ppl running them and they have no complaints, some say better than the deltagate.

blow off valves- i ran one, it needed help sealing and it didnt come with a steel flange which made mounting a pain in the ass. I ended up aluminum mig tacking it, the metal actually caught on fire when i did this (wtf) and used jb-weld to seal it. Go for it if ur good with jb weld lol

i think what we can learn so far is that sucky arse companies do have the ability to improve, but there is no factual evidence so far to prove in exactly what area they have redeemed themselves.

the point is still, they are a shotty company and have shotty products. it is up to you to determine if you are willing to take a risk with one of their products to see if it is going to work or not. we need more evidence to decide if their turbo, manifold, or wastegate clones are worth it.

the difference with going with a trusted name brand, say with a garrett turbo or tial wastegate, is that it WILL work. it WILL perform. you don’t have to question it’s reliability. you can cross it off your troubleshooting list basically. (short of the rare flukes of course). a ballpark figure for example, would be that a garrett turbo will hold up for tens of thousands of miles, 99% guaranteed. an ssautochrome, i dunno, at one time 2%. nowadays, i dunno, 14%? you make the call.

The ebay china turbos(including SSAC) say they have garret internals but who knows. SSAC swore up and down that their product was made in scotland and some chinese company clones them and that’s what killed their reputation. Throughout the whole process they have changed the tag markings and added other distinguishing marks to identify their name brand amongst the rest of the crap floating on ebay.

Next up we have their garbage manifolds. The B series manifolds look total bling to the the kid not knowing what he is getting into. That bling finish discolors after a little use and although it may look good under the hood, there is no factor of aesthetics that make up for the thin walled shitty flowing manifold with a poor wastegate location. I’m thinking like a year ago the rich guy who owns SSAC (and daughter companies) wanted to change the design, who knows if it’s any better or not. The point is, the B series SSAC turbo manifolds CRACK from heat and weight of supporting everything (turbo, DP, WG). The only people that have had any successes with running them (and I did say nothing about record holding power gains, just talking about them performing like they were intended) were people that braced the manifolds in at least 3 spots. If I had to brace a manifold that is say 316 SS (taking a guess) I think I would rather start from scratch and build my own. Not all of us have a pure bottle of argon (98%+) sitting around along with rod/spool AND a welder capable of doing SS.

You get what you pay for. From what I’ve read the china knockoff turbos in the $150 range have a 50/50 shot of failure… at the price you paid you can afford a spare. I may run one of the china turbos if a company can offer a warranty on it for me (minimum a year), unfortunately the size I want they only offer that crappy V-band type which I’m not a big fan of v-bands. I haven’t really heard anything bad about the SSAC 60-1 turbos, but for $300 I don’t want to take a chance. Who knows, I may one day score a killer deal on a GT30R or something along those lines.

Haven’t seen much on the BOVs and the WGs failing. The BOVs that I’ve seen are your typical RFL clones which are fine if you don’t mind trimming some spring.

some good points have been made, as someone new to the turbo idea thanks for the info on the crap items, instead of some no name egay crap turbo kit i’m now lookin at the revhard stage 2 turbo altho they are a big step up in price 4G is alot 3G would be a lil nicer tho. i still own the bank 5G on my car and dont wanna have to get a another loan so i can rebuild my motor cause of some 2g egay kit. does anyone have a brand name kit that their using in their car? how do u think it’s holdin up. would u recommend it, and howeasy was install, and how long ur down time.