few question.... Just started my car

ok, cool. I notice you have the 2.5 bar map sensor. are you sure that you set the map sensor to that setting on the tuning program? If it wasnt put on the chip as 2.5 bar, and is still set on stock, that is probably the problem. It makes a huge difference in the tune. I would check that, then maybe pull the ECU out and make sure the chip is in right (just to be absolutely sure), and make sure it is completely plugged into the car’s harness, and that the pins and plugs are clean. Check the gap on the spark plugs, etc. Also, do you have a wideband? the AFR may help you out a lot in solving the problem if it is related to the tune.

those motorola 2.5 map sensors are sensitive. I messed up my first one on install. it never worked. my symptoms were, car idled really low, sounded like it wanted to die, rev the gas and it slowly build up to around 5k RPM’s and wouldn’t go anymore. yeah, I hope you didn’t cut the plug to your OEM map sensor…I plugged that in and burned another stock map to my chip and it worked. POS sensitive motorola map sensors. I was able to get another motorola map sensor but if this goes out, I’m getting a hondata map sensor or a Omni.

the map sensor sounds like a likely problem. check all what jett said and if that’s OK, put back on your stock map and make another base map to see if your motorola is fubared…

yea i did cut the plug cause i could get the old map out with out it… It was stuck like no other… and i believe he did make the map with the 2.5 map in the chip. I dont have a wideband cause i didnt have the money nore do i.Also the harness to the ecu was checked plugs were gapped right… So it could be the map… Which i hope its not cause than i have to buy and wire in an other one… Ok well il try those things and see what happens… Ill keep you guys updated…

is there a way you can put on the stock map sensor and try a stock ECu so you won’t have to go through the trouble of getting another basemap? that’s probably your best bet if your friend is busy. at least that’ll give you an idea of weather we need to go further looking elsewhere.

what do you mean…?? i didnt understand that

The moto 2.5 maps suck. Omni HAS/HAD ISSUES ASWELL thats why the GM units are the best.

check the map sensor circuit first that will tell you if its a bad map are not.

got it ill check that asap

I ws refering to see if your motorola map was bad. you would need to use your stock map sensor and a stock ECU. if it starts and runs fine then you know your map is jacked.

ok well i noticed that my map sensor was connected all the way and still nothing… No boost and all… Also still have that bogging problem around 2500rpm and i didnt even try to get it higher…Also my oil return line fitting on the pan is threaded… So the oil line doesnt seal very well and im loosing tons of oil… What can do to make that stop as well… Please let me know i need this car… Running and painted by the end of the month… Or asap in the month of october

I’m telling you, your Motorola map sensor might be bad. they are very sensitive and with the problems your having, I wouldn’t doubt it(it’s going to look fine, but it’s probably not reading the way it should). about the oil pan, take it off and have someone weld a steel threaded bung to it. either:

1. try a stock map senor and ecu
  2. hook up your stock map sensor and get another basemap for stock map sensor.
  3. try another motorola map sensor.

my guess is, you probably have your map sensor hardwired in and can’t read your reference voltages? you can also do that.

you gotta do something…you gotta rule something out. it’s going to take some work on your part!!!