Finally starting my build.

First off let me state that I’ve been immature in the past. So sorry to those that I’ve made an ass of myself to.

Moving on… Let me state that this will not be some “Baller Status” type setup, heh. (However, if I keep my current job, things might change…)
I am, however, will try my best to use quality parts where I can, so please don’t go mental if you happen to see something that is perhaps below your pay grade.
All I’m trying to do is make something that I can have some fun with on the mountain roads around here, and a stock B16 with full interior is, albeit enjoyable, not exactly fun.

Anyway… So far it’s as follows.

Engine is a B16A2 with an ITR manifold and has been re-ringed, new OE Honda HG, etc. 9lb flywheel, other little things, meh.

Garrett Air Research T3
Cast manifold
Tial or Turbosmart 38mm wastegate
Walbro 255
DSM 450’s with injector kit from Napa
Holley FPR with Blox mechanical fuel pressure Gauge
2.5" Intercooler piping kit from CXRacing on Ebay (Don’t waste your breath), and their intercooler
1G DSM Blow off valve
AEM Wideband, Boost gauge undecided.
Downpipe will be custom made by a friend of mind to clear the stock crossmember (Will notch if need be)

For the time being, since the closest tuner is on the other side of the state, I plan to essentially give as much information as I can to Liam or Chris over at Xenocron, get a basemap (Probably chrome), and use the FPR and wideband to get my A/F to a relatively decent level under somewhat WOT. Please note that I plan to probably not even run over 7-8 lbs, and that I will eventually get it tuned properly, so please don’t go beating the proverbial, “Dead Horse.”

One question though. Will the Tial be too tall for the hood to close? Or should I get the Turbosmart wastegate instead?

Pictures once I get the last of the little things, and start my teardown/install. ATM I’m busy replacing ALL the bushings, ball joints, tie rods, etc.

Thanks and I’m pretty happy to finally be starting this.

Good luck with you’re build.
What manifold/design are you using? That would help in answering your Tial/Hood questions.
Are you keeping a functioning A/C system?
Are you using oem replacement bushings or aftermarket? Energy Suspension?
-ronie

I had a “JDMsport” cast log manifold off ebay on my first turbo build with a Tial MV-S 38mm wastegate on top and I had a decent amount of hood clearance. It seems like as long as you get a newer style of the Tial wastegates youll be fine clearance wise.

good luck with build.