FR traction bar, front engine mount

I am trying to install the front engine mount with poly inserts into the fork coming up off the full race traction bar and it just doesn’t want to squeeze in there. Is anyone running the front mount with inserts on the FR bar? the stock mount is useless without poly inserts, does anyone make an after market front mount that is narrower than the stock with inserts?

aside from beating on the fork i am not sure how to spread it apart a bit so i can get the mount in. Also, this motor is going to go in and out of this car, so i would like to find a way to permanently modify the mount to accept the poly inserts without damaging the powder coat.

call hasport or innovative and see if they have a front mount kit. it will be the same size as OEM without the insert but have a poly or hardened rubber material. otherwise take the traction bar to a welder and have them move the ears to make enough room for the OEM mount with an insert and then have it re-powdercoated.

does anyone know if anyone makes an after market front engine mount? i am surprised full race didn’t compensate for poly inserts

well they figure if you’re buying a traction bar, you already have aftermarket motor mounts.

Why would they think that? innovative and hasport make 3 mount kits, neither company makes an after market front mount.

Are you just giving me your ideas or do you have a FR bar and know what i am talking about?

Because if people are serious enough about performance that they’re buying the full-race bar, then they aren’t going to be using a crutch like OEM mounts with poly inserts. They’re going to be doing it right and using NEW aftermarket mounts that are not only lighter, but stronger and without old cracked rubber inside.

innovative and hasport make 3 mount kits, neither company makes an after market front mount.

If you want help, please don’t come in here and flat out lie to us. It makes you look silly, and reduces the desire of most of us to help you.

did you really even look into it at all, or did you just ASSume you knew what you were talking about?

Are you just giving me your ideas or do you have a FR bar and know what i am talking about?

I know exactly what you’re talking about in reference to the F-R setup, and 10 minutes of thought causes most people to understand why they did what they did.

I dunno what luck youre going to have with the aftermarket one but I recently put an Innovative front mount in and I have the FR bars… it was kinda tight but I managed to get it in only using a jack to tilt the engine backward…

armed fuckhead your on my ignore list member?

I dunno what luck youre going to have with the aftermarket one but I recently put an Innovative front mount in and I have the FR bars… it was kinda tight but I managed to get it in only using a jack to tilt the engine backward…

what do you know they do make a front mount… i looked b4 but i guess i missed it. That mount is still a tight squeeze though huh? i was thinking about warming up my poly inserts and give it one more shot, cuz its really close… and 100 bucks for that mount is ridiculous.

I have energy or prothane inserts in my driver side mount and rear mount and I’m using Innovative’s auto-to-manual trans mount and with that front mount I feel ZERO difference. So, its wasn’t even worth the trouble of me searching for the bolts and dragging the jack out and all that…

:rofl:

dipshit wants help and then puts the people who not only know, but know where to find the backing information, on his ignore list.

fucking classic.

could someone please quote my reply above or cut-paste it so that he can actually get access to information that’s going to help his dumb ass?

[QUOTE=Armed Ferret;1872955]Because if people are serious enough about performance that they’re buying the full-race bar, then they aren’t going to be using a crutch like OEM mounts with poly inserts. They’re going to be doing it right and using NEW aftermarket mounts that are not only lighter, but stronger and without old cracked rubber inside.

If you want help, please don’t come in here and flat out lie to us. It makes you look silly, and reduces the desire of most of us to help you.

http://www.innovativemounts.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=19340

did you really even look into it at all, or did you just ASSume you knew what you were talking about?

I know exactly what you’re talking about in reference to the F-R setup, and 10 minutes of thought causes most people to understand why they did what they did.[/QUOTE]

yep!!!

Thanks big guy. Now go fix your suspension the RIGHT WAY. :wink: :giggle:

I will. In due time. The dent isn’t too knarley just yet.

had to get your asshole msg through some how eh?
everything you posted, aside from the link to the front mount i was inquiring about, just solidifies my view of what a moron you are. bravo

[QUOTE=fastasleep;1873032]had to get your asshole msg through some how eh?
everything you posted, aside from the link to the front mount i was inquiring about, just solidifies my view of what a moron you are. bravo[/QUOTE]

only one moron in here, and it’s the guy who had no idea what he was doing when he bought parts for his car.

:up:

[QUOTE=Armed Ferret;1873034]only one moron in here, and it’s the guy who had no idea what he was doing when he bought parts for his car.

:up:[/QUOTE]

i’m done trying to help people.

oh i’m not. there’s a little part of me that really enjoys exposing hypocrites. :up:

i’m done trying to help people.

Hey i wasn’t trying to get down on you for trying to help me, i appreciate you trying. I do not how ever agree that full race designed their traction bar around innovative’s front mount.
it seems to me that if even the innovative mount is a tight squeeze that they designed it to work with the stock mount. since the side to side motion is of little importance with this particular mount i don’t see how an 1/8th of an inch would have mattered.

4sd4dr, i didn’t block armed ferret so you could just quote everything he says, i would appreciate it if you stopped. i have zero need for his input, it is worthless.

I think on their site its says the front fork was designed to be used with a stock front mount…

I dont think the front mount has anything to do with side-to-side movement more front-to-back since it kinda reminds me of a torque mount like whats on DC/EG’s.

I dunno know though, but I didn’t have a stock one to use.

Have you tried sliding the stocking in without the inserts? What about loosening the bar? Possibly jacking the engine to rock it either back or forth?