Gas sucks

Highest it’s ever been. I tanked up at 1.34/ L highest it’s ever been in Montreal for 83?87? octane. I had about abit less than a quarter tank. Put 40$ in and it didn’t even get passed the Full amount. I love seeing that needle not budge when you actually fill it!

$3.79 here for regular. I feel srry for the semi’s

I paid 3.59 a gallon for 93 octane. Cost me $23 to fill up. I had 1/4 of a tank left to go.

Coasting is your friend. And make sure your fuel filter, spark plugs, air filter and tire pressures are all in great shape. Squeeze every last mile/kilometer you can from that gallon/litre! I’m getting 31/33 mpg easily, and I drive an automatic. EPA says I should be averaging 27 mpg for highway.

But yeah, it really sucks. I’m wondering if someone would ever create a hybrid electric generator component to retrofit older vehicles…

Are we heading toward a day where instead of trying to generate as much power you can from the engine, you try to make the car as efficient as possible?

“Yo my front lip just decreased my coefficient of drag 0.05 points! Woot!”

just paid 3.49 for 87 today:crazy:

87 is 3.39 here. 89 is 3.49. and 93 in 3.59.

91 Chevron $4.19 :gunright:

[QUOTE=N FUL FX;1858268]Coasting is your friend. And make sure your fuel filter, spark plugs, air filter and tire pressures are all in great shape. Squeeze every last mile/kilometer you can from that gallon/litre! I’m getting 31/33 mpg easily, and I drive an automatic. EPA says I should be averaging 27 mpg for highway.

But yeah, it really sucks. I’m wondering if someone would ever create a hybrid electric generator component to retrofit older vehicles…

Are we heading toward a day where instead of trying to generate as much power you can from the engine, you try to make the car as efficient as possible?

“Yo my front lip just decreased my coefficient of drag 0.05 points! Woot!”[/QUOTE]

I forget the name of the company but I read in Diesel Power magazine that a company is developing a car that would be diesel/electric much like trains, where the diesel engine merely acts as a generator for the electric motor/motors. This would be great because you wouldn’t need a very large displacement engine and the amount of fuel required to have it kick on every now and then for a recharge would be minimal.

94 octane was 1.47 today. my buddy filled up his civic and it was 47$ for like 32 liters. disgusting.

fuel is still relatively cheap in the states…under a buck a litre…I wish it was that cheap here

Yeah, they think they have it hard!! Come fill up here. 40$ doesnt give you a full tank at all!

silly metric system. We use gallons here. 1 gallon is around $3.19 in NJ. Thats the super cheap places. I’ve seen it run from as low as $3.19 to 3.99 for 87 octane in various areas of NJ.

I pulled into a station on wednesday. The price on the sign was $3.07. By the time I got to the pump it was $3.09. When I pulled out of the station it was $3.11. That same day I saw the price of gas at 1 station jump .22 in an hour and 30 minutes. Its insane.

Trade me CDN currency for US currency on a 1:1 ratio and I’ll gladly give it a shot.

1 US gallon = 3.785L
1 Canadian dollar = 0.99681 U.S. Dollars

and 4door said it was 1.34/L

1.34x3=4.02
1.34x.785=1.059
=5.08 per gallon

5.08CND = 5.038USD

So therefore it would be 5.04 per gallon so technically Montreal has got it bad. and correct me if i’m wrong

^^damn

heres what it was like 2 weeks ago, ill take a pic today

hhah 1 more dollar then you’ll have same price

[QUOTE=vichigen2;1858573]
5.08CND = 5.038USD

So therefore it would be 5.04 per gallon so technically Montreal has got it bad. and correct me if i’m wrong[/QUOTE]

Based on the value of the CDN dollar vs the US dollar and varying gas prices all over the USA, CDN’s gas prices arent that much more expensive than prices in some areas of the USA. I seriously thought about buying a 10 speed if it hits $5 but its hard to lug around my tools on that.

It’s around 1.17$ a Litre in New Brunswick. You guys think you have it rough? I’m actually happy to put gas in the Integra compared…I drive an 86 F-150 with a 302 occasionally. It has 2 tanks…and I think both of them are bigger than the one in the integra. From Empty, over 130$ to completely fill the truck. My buddy put over 180$ in his Chev 3/4 ton at the first of the week over the course of 3 days. That included towing a loaded trailer (Bronco II on it) about 50 Kms.

Gas is F***ing ridiculous. I’d love to have some of the US pricing! Most of it is still under 1$ a Litre.

But overall still you guys still have places that are 3.50 per gallon, we don’t have places like that right now, so that would be 3.785L/$3.5 = 1.08/L, but still gas is a major issue and looks like it’s gonna keep climbing up…Let’s go back to horse and carriage.

They really dont want us to have fun anymore with cars :frowning: