Going turbo need help

Now, I’m not new to the turbo game. I used to own a hi horsepower heavily modded turbo FC. But, I’ve never turbo charged a non-turbo car. Can you use a boost dependant FPR as the FMU or do you have to piggyback/chip the ecu? Where do you get the oil supply line? I’m not looking for insane numbers, maybe a dual stage boost controller with an 8/12 lb switch.

I have a stock b18a with 190K miles and shot rings. Should I swap in a JDM replacement engine or rebuild my block with better pistons, rods, crank, head bolts. Which of those two options is more cost effective if I do my own work?

Thanks in advance.

Never mind on the FMU. I read the turbo guide. I’d still like a little advise on the second question of whether to go with a JDM replacement engine or rebuild my own block and which is more cost effective.

yes that turbo guide will get you going on the turbo install questions you will have…as for the motor your going to want somthing with good compresion so if you allready have a b18a block with only bad rings you can just simply freshn up the block with a line hone,new rings ,new bearings,and cleaning the crank up.<–micropolish by a machine shop…your maby looking around 5-600$ for all the parts and labor to freshn up the stock block thats a guestamation.lol but you can allways budget build a block by checking other forums for cheap used but in good condition aftermarket rods like eagle,ect…and pick up some aftermarket pistons for what ever compresion you would like.as for a prices i would budget 1000$ to build the block with aftermarket internals that should include your new oil and waterpump timming belt and headstuds.it all depends on were you shop…ill will tell you that if you just deside to get a jdm block with 40-60k miles you should be good there to but the reliability might not be there …with any setup it all comes down to tunning.if you plan on running a fmu and setting the car up on your own good luck with that…hope this helps abit…