Got some questions on boosted LS PCV setups

Ok got a question. Im trying to figure out which kind of PCV setup to run on my (future) boosted LS. I’m thinking a closed-circuit, pseudo stock setup like whats’s in the picture. My main question is… would I be able to vent the pressure right at the the catch can with a breather or would that not work since it needs vacuum pressure (purple line in pic) to really suck it out?

Like would the positive pressure going into the engine (blue line) be enough to also vent everything with just a breather on the catch can and no vacuum pulling it out? Thanks in advance for any help!

Thanks to turboguide@beesandgoats.com for this pic, original article is here http://www.beesandgoats.com/boostfaq/g2icturbo.html#Kit

I just don’t think the pressure being vented back into the intake with oil particulates and whatnot then going through the turbo and being burned again is the best of ideas and that’s the main reason I’m looking for a way to vent it to the atmosphere but want to make sure I’m not doing more harm than good.

since no1 has answered your question i would go with a vented catch can but you’re still gonna need one that has a vacuum line that goes back to either the intake manifold or intake pipe for some sort of vacuum pressure

Just go with a vented catch can. Thousands of people have done it that way with great success. All of the 1000hp drag racing gurus do it that way as well.

I eliminated the black box pcv and everything pluged the holes in the block and made a breather box and welded 2 8an fittings in my valve cover and ran the lines to the breather box and recirculated the breather box back to the oil pan the easiest way

So here is what I have, no issues so far and I don’t even have a nice catch can. Remove the whole PCV system all together. Plug the old hole and remove the two plugs on the left and right of the rear side of the block (replace with two fittings that go to a catch can). Use those to vent directly to an open breather catch can. Use a breather on the top of the valve cover in the OEM place or plug the oem hole and weld two fittings and run a second vented catch can with a breather. Don’t follow the drawing in that pic. If you keep your OEM intake manifold you will need to plug the hole that normally go from the intake (on the front side) to the PCV box.

I remember the image that you posted well from the Turbo guide, but IMO it’s an outdated setup. You don’t want anything in your pcv near system the intake.