Grommet for antenna hole?

… Has anyone removed their antenna assembly, and just installed a grommet, and is there an Acura part # for it? … I want to dump my power antenna, who needs radio! :smiley:

next … power steering … cruise … :cool:

I don’t remember the part number, but go to the Honda dealer and ask for the antenna hole plug for the 92-93 Honda Accord DX. I used that until I got my hole filled. Looks great.

Redline:
There is one available for the JDM type R but believe it or not I can’t find a single importer who has brought them in before. From what I understand its just a plastic plug with a rubber o-ring. The problem with finding another plug like it is the size, 23mm or 7/8". Let me know if you find someone who got them…I’m working on getting a few brought over.

VDo: Thanks for the lead, I’ll try that first…

J.

I found the part. Checkout parts 27,28,& 29. It’s for a 92 Accord DX. Fits perfectly.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=Accord&catcgry2=1992&catcgry3=4DR+DX&catcgry4=KA4AT&catcgry5=RADIO+ANTENNA-SPEAKER

VDo: Thanks again for the help…:wink:
J.

Wow, thanks for the help guys!!!

VDo: So this Accord part(s) will work, and fit snug, no leaks?

J. , I can work on the JDM piece too, I’ll see what I can do. :smiley:

Steve

Steve: I’ve just ordered the Accord parts. I’ll let you know how they look…it may be the same thing as the type R. I know the Radio block-off for our car is the same as the JDM type R :p.
J.

here…

ITR radio block off plate:

Accord antennae plug:

Battlecat: wow, i think there’s nothing you haven’t done to your DA yet hehehe. :slight_smile: Thanks for the pics, i wanted to see what it would look like.

Battlecat, hey what’s up man. Thanks for the pics. You know about the Texas meet/BBQ in Waco on June 2nd? It’ll be cool if you can make it dude. I wanna see all the sh!t you did to your ride since the last meet.

More info:
http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19692

Well, I am in for that Accord plug too … :smiley: … thanks for the info guys!!

archivethis … :wink:

This will just add to the fire for those who love to burn the JDM “thing”.

90’ DA-RS Block Off plate = $12.00
96+ JDM P73 Block Off plate = $36.00(with or with out the CF look) :slight_smile:

Daniel- thanks for the pic

J.

ok I went to the dealer and asked for a antenna hole plug for a 92 accord. he was like what the hell is that, we don’t make something like that.

so if anyone has a honda part # out there for all the parts needed it would greatly be appreciated.

Here are the part #'s:
39161SF1000 - Cap
39162SF1000 - Nut
39163SF1000 - Gasket

Shouldn’t be any more than $13 U.S. for all of it.
HTH,
J.

Hello J.

You wouldn’t happen to have the part number for this; 90’ DA-RS Block Off plate = $12.00

Thanks!

Marc,
77231-SK7-010ZD- $13.68 (Full List)
Should be less than $10 with discount.
HTH,
J.

I called the honda dealer again, gave them the parts number for the antenna hole plug and he said nothing came up.

I called the honda dealer again, gave them the parts number for the antenna hole plug and he said nothing came up.

I just confirmed that those are the correct part#s and they’re on my car as of yesterday. I can confirm they exist. They’re found from 92’ Accord DX.
J.

I just went to Courtesy Honda here in Sanford, Fl and ordered these

39161SF1000 - Cap $5.48

39162SF1000 - Nut $5.48

39163SF1000 - Gasket $4.50

$15.46 + tax

will be here early next week:p

Maybe the Canadian dealers don’t have it.

I think I’ll end up ordering from the states or going S2k antenna.