H22 in a G2

I have an H22 in my g2 and there is a very lagre ammount of custom work involved. First off in order for the motor to fit you must massage the passenger frame rail and notch the rear cross member for the tranny. THen you must cut off the passenger tranny mount on the car and reweld a new mount housing. the front and rear also need relocating. the driver side is the easiest you just need a half inch flat bar to space out the driver mount.

Now you have the engine in you need axles. The driver side is a 90-93 outer cv and shaft with a prelude tripod and inner joint. they interchange perfectly. The passenger side you need a 89 teg shaft with the same inner as the driver side.

The shifting is cable of which you have to cut your floor under your console to fit the shifter. the actual shft arm needs some bending to fit under the factory console. then you drill a 2 inch hole in the firewall just behind the steering rack for the cables to go through then they just hook up. THe clutch is opperated by the stock integra cable pulling an arm that actuates the hydraulic cylinder to operate the clutch.

The intake manifold must also be cusomized. Sotck size is about 5 inches to long so you need to hack off the plennum and weld your own custom can. It works great and the best thing about it is you can use any throttle body you want, I used a 65mm mustang throttle body.

The wiring is another story one of which you have many options, adapt the factory harness which would take a large ammount of time or you can save time and get something better you can go with a standalone where you completly install a fully progamable ecu. The choise is yours.

The speedo is a cable in the teg of which you can make a 99 prelude cluster work to allow you to run the vss speedo. the cluster fits well with little gaps you just need to shave the case a bit.

The rest is really self explanitory like exhaust and other things like heater hoses and oh yeah you can make the power steering work if you want but you need to make a pully system to clear the driver mount.

I hope my insight helps and if you have any other questions my website is www.lr-racing.com and i will have pics posted for you soon

H22g2integra
Tommy

Well…

…that should scare some of the people away…

:up:

Oz

wow, much props to you in getting that done. Hell of a lot of work. Labor of love for the sport!

Probably would have been easier to stroke a stock engine to 2.1 or more?

Much props again for going in thinking, “I’m going to make this engine fit”, I would go b20 turbo first, but then again I don’t have the MASSIVE ball’s you must have.
By the way I am not coming on to you, I haven’t even seen your picture before…yet, hehehehehe.:angel:

thanks it wasn’t easy but i just want to show people that it is possible.

Originally posted by H22g2integra
thanks it wasn’t easy but i just want to show people that it is possible.

is that why you did the work or is that why you posted the article. I’m not sure of the context of your quote

:bow:

I did the work cause i like to tinker with things. And i also did it cause it is something that is totally different and not many people can say they have the swap. But i posted the article to help other people know how i did it and give them a stepping stone to start themselves. I am not saying the way i installed the motor is the only way to do it but to look at mine and mybe improve what i have done and even give me suggestions on how to make it better.

You got any pics?

Originally posted by The_Oz
[B]Well…

…that should scare some of the people away…

:up:

Oz [/B]

:lol: oh ya and :drool:

:whoa:
:bowdown:
:baby:

Hey this may be a dumb Question :bang: but did you lose you ac in this swap???

yes and power steering but if i found an electric power steering pump out of a subaru svx or nsx i could make it work. I Haven’t really been too concearned about it it drives just fine.

That sux…:bang: No AC in FL can’t be done. It just gets to hot. Heres another dumb question is it even possable to relocate your AC?

there is enough room for the ac compressor to fit i just didn’t want to put it on to lose some power and i don’t really need it overall.

Is there anyone that you know of that has done this in the florida area?

As far as i know there are only a few swaps actually completed. I know of one in Canada, other than mine and several in California. but anywhere else i have no idea. I may be making a few kits but only this winter and i don’t know how many i willl make yet.

Re: H22 in a G2

Originally posted by H22g2integra
[B]I have an H22 in my g2 and there is a very lagre ammount of custom work involved. First off in order for the motor to fit you must massage the passenger frame rail and notch the rear cross member for the tranny. THen you must cut off the passenger tranny mount on the car and reweld a new mount housing. the front and rear also need relocating. the driver side is the easiest you just need a half inch flat bar to space out the driver mount.

Now you have the engine in you need axles. The driver side is a 90-93 outer cv and shaft with a prelude tripod and inner joint. they interchange perfectly. The passenger side you need a 89 teg shaft with the same inner as the driver side.

The shifting is cable of which you have to cut your floor under your console to fit the shifter. the actual shft arm needs some bending to fit under the factory console. then you drill a 2 inch hole in the firewall just behind the steering rack for the cables to go through then they just hook up. THe clutch is opperated by the stock integra cable pulling an arm that actuates the hydraulic cylinder to operate the clutch.

The intake manifold must also be cusomized. Sotck size is about 5 inches to long so you need to hack off the plennum and weld your own custom can. It works great and the best thing about it is you can use any throttle body you want, I used a 65mm mustang throttle body.

The wiring is another story one of which you have many options, adapt the factory harness which would take a large ammount of time or you can save time and get something better you can go with a standalone where you completly install a fully progamable ecu. The choise is yours.

The speedo is a cable in the teg of which you can make a 99 prelude cluster work to allow you to run the vss speedo. the cluster fits well with little gaps you just need to shave the case a bit.

The rest is really self explanitory like exhaust and other things like heater hoses and oh yeah you can make the power steering work if you want but you need to make a pully system to clear the driver mount.

I hope my insight helps and if you have any other questions my website is www.lr-racing.com and i will have pics posted for you soon

H22g2integra
Tommy [/B]

hey tommy, we should put one in my car!

Ryan bring your car over this winter i will hook you up ha ha

hehehe…excellent:naughty:

If you come up with a kit let us know. I think its a great idea for all motor. Some one said stocking it up to 2.0-2.1 would be easier, do you know anything about that?