H22 in a G2

is ur car handling good or it handles like ****? cuz that engone is rather heavy…and i am not sure that it is that good …in the g2. how it costed ya? and wudnt it b cheaper to with a b20 and a v-tecj head ?

Originally posted by Groove_D
is ur car handling good or it handles like ****? cuz that engone is rather heavy…and i am not sure that it is that good …in the g2. how it costed ya? and wudnt it b cheaper to with a b20 and a v-tecj head ?

I was thinking the same thing too

My understanding of the H22 motors is that not only are they heavy but they “lean” the opposite way of the B series motors, making handling worse…
I can see how this car would be good on the strip, but how DOES it handle???

I can tell you that the car handles just great and you don’t really notice the difference.

This may not have much to do with this but how many litters is a B20/B18 set up/

how is the car running these days?

The car is great fully reliable it hasn’t given me any big problems as of yet. And soon the turbo kit i am designing will be intalled and things should get a lot faster form there. I still an extremly happy i did this swap and would recomend it to anyone that has the will and the patience to do it.

i am looking at doing a similar set up towards the end of the year.
can you give may any more specifics about the swap.
keep in mind that my wheel is on the other side.

You can send me an e-mail and i can give more specifics @ thermosmcbeal@hotmail.com. When i get more time i will send you everything you would like to know. Although i am not sure how different a right hand drive is but i am sure we can figure it out.

h22 g2 mann so jealous you ppl all the know how and the place and time to do… :frowning:

I don’t think an H22 in a sedan is a problem because there’s more weight on the rear axle versus the 2dr, which would be even more biased towards the front.

H22 weighs 30lbs more

I drove a gen3 integra w/ h22 and u can’t turn the steering wheel like on regular cars. Wasup with that? The guy says he cant parallel park because of that.

really have no problem at all turning and parallel parking.

it would be really cool, if someone could make motor mounts to drop a H22 in. I dont want to weld and stuff.

I’m going to try this swap next summer in my 4door

if u could be more as in step by step pick of where and what u did on the G2 to have the h22 fits… im sure it would help and what about that kit u was talkin about i definately want to run h22 in my g2… need all the n/a power i could get…

you guys should try calling these guys:
www.prospeed-performance.com
I talked to them last month cause they are some h22 experts and they said that they are working on having a drop in mount kit for
h-series in g2’s.
peace

h22a in g2 integra partslist…

hi, can anyone tell me the extra parts i need to get (that is not included in front cut 92 prelude) for a h22a swap… also a question on the speedo… how do i convert the cable one… or is there any alternatives to this?..

anybody home?

well hi guys… dun wanna sound like a like bitch… but thanks for the help… *not… haha well no love lost… i still managed to get some info and some parts list… started my h22 swap… woohooo mine wont be as sick as h22g2integras … but still awesome to me… bout the motor gearbox loom and ecu… and clutch assembly ( newer teg one) cos im doin auto to man swap as well… as mentioned in some of the other forums i did contact some of the “racing mounts” manufacturers and some dont make h22 mounts for our car… and those that do… charge u an arm and a leg… (plus im buying in AUD its almost double ur price) so ive decided to modify my exisitng mounts and brackets to suit… i was told that used those premanufacutred mounts the engine doesnt sit in the ideal possition (so i have been told… could be myth) …

anywyas… this is wat i have got in my parts list for any u guys u been eager to find out…
motor = h22a (ah duh)
tranny = 94 prelude
shift linkages and shifter assembly(prelude)… (gear stick thingy that sits in center console)
ecu = p13(prelude)
engine wiring harness = (this was my choice dunno if theres an easier way but its the only way i know how… :frowning: and adapt the reest of the exisiting harness to it…) (prelude)
newer teg clutch assembly cos its hydro where as g2 is cable
drive shafts = re use existing and get accord intermediate shaft (is this the same as the lude one??)

dash… = ( not that far yet… but from wat h22g2integra said… can fit a 97 in… not that far yet so leave it till a bit lata…)

as for my project started it a few days ago… got my motor out… and cleaning the engine bay atm… been struggling cos of time constraint… and the engineer thats gonna modify my mounts is sik… so cars been sitting there… i’ve been vacuuming and dusting the dash in anticipation of his return… haha will keep u guys posted on the progress… will see if i can find a camera too… cos i know how hard it is to find info on this swap… so stay tuned… and those who have done this b4… pls feel free to criticise… and advise on wat ive done wrong… any feed back is good feed back…

good luck man! take a lot of pictures