H22 in a G2

i hope everything goes well and if i havent gotten back to you about the swap i apologize but feel free to ask me any questions you like in the aid of making it work.

thanks for the reply man… good to know u guys still read the posts… woohoo… will be good to know ur feedback… as for the parts list so far… have i left anything out?? and how long did it take u h22g2integra to do the swap the first time round?

Sounds like you have everything, Yes you need a 97 and up cluster or any cluster from a car that has a electronic speed sensor. I can even send you the wiring splices to adapt it to your car. And other than that you should be good the only thing i am wondering about is how you are going to place the clutch master? You can do it like i did which is good but i am interested in how you will do it. Good luck and i cannot wait to hear you have it running …

i love you tommy:p :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

thanks again tommy… it would be great to have the info… to get the car done as fast as possible… as for master cylinder… i will take fotos… of it wen im… dun… so if u interested in changing ur clutch assembly… will see how i did mine… oh yeah… the engineer dudes in hospital now… damn bloody F###… he expected to be ok in a week or 2… so my cars still gonna just sit there for another week or two… cos the engines not mounted so cant do much except continue to vaccuum… hehe

good luck again and if you can beat 3 months you rule…LOL

I did it in that ammount of time but only 2 days a week for 3 months but it is well worth it.

Ryan- I love you too man

tommy? with the front mount… did u have to install a new front cross member to support the front mount? do u have any pics of ur mounts? will make my life a lot easier… so i can prepare when the engineer gets back… i get wat i need and all that together and ready?.. thanks heaps man… and yeah… i think im falling in love with u too hahahahaha… :smiley: how did u do ur engine wiring? did u do the same as me?

give me your e-mail if i don’t already have it to thermosmcbeal@hotmail.com and i can send you a few pics. As for the wiring i made my own harness with an AEM EMS so i could wire anything i wanted to. If you want to make your wireing easier all you need to do is get a 92 -93 wiring harness with the grey plug and you can use the stock integra 92-93 harness to run the motor and i am pretty sure the gsr computer will run the motor and if not i think the plugs are the same for the prelude ecu as the greay plug 92-93 integra harness.

tommy… emailed u my address yesterday… regards… andy

TOMMY… still waiting… as for the master cylinder for clutch… the teg flloor plan is diff from g2 so had to swap for a lude one. the dude says it will fit… but gonna have to butcher the firewall to get it… not sure yet… cos still freshening up h22… and again, still waiting for ur reply tommy…

Sorry man have been too busy the last couple of days i will get to you very soon my apologies.

hey guys my project is back underway… h22 motor arrived last week… been getting all the bits to change for a fresh start…

one thing… u need a hella lot of screws cos wen u get ur motor they dun give u shit…

hehe but for u guys who been thinking bout this swap these are the things that have gone wrong so far…

transmission bell housing is cracked and will return for a better one… clutch is screwed

some parts of the loom have been cut, i think its the fuse box part… its about 60 wires…

shafts are fukked have to buy new ones…or get them reconditioned…

wrong ecu =( those idiots gave me an AT one wen i specifically asked for a MT

no mounts… will go and demand them tommorrow… no ps, no a/c pump

alternator bearing is worn and screwed

on the shifter itself… soome of the rubber stop bits are missing

update guys… well just a warning to u guys thinking bout this swap… make sure the ppl u get ur motors from has all the parts! or u will spend a shit load of time chasing and sourcing up parts … its been driving me nuts… and hlating everything…

as for the ecu… i found out that most or nearly 99% of halfcut h22a brought to aust are autos… hence a shortage on p13 man ecus… so i let the guy at the motor wreckers know alittle piece of my mind…wen they said they couldnt find anything p13 mt… so i went and got a p72 works fine,… i have been told… but need to either have the fuel maps redone… or get a piggy back vafc to increase fuel or else i be getting detonation…

still havent started mounting it yet… been chasing up clutch… its damn expensive for honda stuff… so ive gone nearly all aftermarket of performance to substitute for original honda parts…

but i decided on spending a few bux on the seals and hydraulic adjuster ($290.00 AUD for it!!! fark!!! and its a lil pissy thing too) for the timing kit… so i got original honda…

anyways will post more after i get more dun… but waiting for clutch kit and timing belt kit to be shipped to me from sydney… so its holding things up…

DASH!!!

hi guys just asking if anyones had experience with the manual and auto dash clusters… (in the center part there is a yellow plug) on my auto australian dash its much bigger with about 16 pins… while with the import b16a dash that i have been able to find there is a module behind the rpm dial same color but less pins… im assuming on mine its the leds for the auto… but on the import manual i dunno… can anyone tell me wat it is?.. its got less pins…

and TOMMY i have been about to work out how to get the digital dash to work with the cable… so if any who guys got any problems with the dash… u need to read this…

the actual cable module can be removed (white thing) and u need to run the vss from the ecu to the dash and solder the bitch in…

cant get a digital camera… but hoping to borrow one soon… if anyone can offer any advice or assistance it will be much appreciated…

also another note… i did not need to change the intake manifold as the australian cars have the steering column and master thing (big black circle) on the same side as the JDM so the intake fits… heheeh saves alot of messing round… but yeah… its been about 2 weeks into it… only been working in total about 15 hrs on the car itself… most of the other time just waiting around for parts…

i think i mite be in front of u tommy hahahaha… anywyas… goto scoot… its 2 am here and goto go get p/s pump and flywheel machined toms… unfortunately the motor is yet to be mounted properly… soon… hopefully…

hey Tommy,
quick question. in this pic below(i don’t know whose car it is btw, he has what looks like the stock intake manifold). In your swap, you said it didn’t fit w/ the stock intake manifold, and now i’m scratching my head trying to figure this out. The only thing stopping me from this swap is the actual size of the engine. Will it fit w/ the stock intake manifold?

Everything else is cake.
The axles-buy custom
The wiring-run a standalone
The speedo cable-easy
The cable shifter-i’ve done it on a h22civic, so that’s not too difficult.
The mounts-well, almost everything else is cake.

in that pic the motor sits ahead more than mine. All i know is i placed mine back more to allow the best drive shaft angles possible so therefore thats why i made my own. Some guys have done it the way the pic is and if it works great but i have not had any complaints yet and well the motor has a lower center of gravity in my car i guess. If you can make it work do it thats awsome to see people trying this swap casue its too worth it when you get to drive it everyday.

sweet, thanks for clearing that up

hi guys… as wat tommy said the motor should be mounted as far back to allow lower center of gravity and basically keep the shafts straight… i have also done this with mine… however im aus so the main power thing… (black thingo) is on the left so it allows room for the itm… but as far as i know… have the shafts straight u run less risk of breaking them and can put more power to the tyres (theoretically speaking) i much rather believe the not breaking shafts part… still no pics guys… but hopefully soon… and u can compare mine and tommys… im prob 2 weeks away from completing… so stay tuned.,

very very sick swap

hey guys… swap is now back on track… lost my license a few weeks back for street racing here … :frowning: and went court and was christmas and new years so the cars been sorta sitting there for a while… but im back on track getting rite back into it… there was a problem with the mount… the passenger side (usa drivers side) was out by 3 mm so the harmonic balancer pulley didnt get enough clearence… so its back to the welders place to remodify the mounts… sigh… well if anyone is thinking bout pulling this off at home by urself… all i can say is that u need alot of motivation and a bit of cash… theres alot of work… no bs… haha it aint easy… but i got to sit in a DC that had it done… and all i can say… is yeah… thats the sh1t … haha pulls hard…

starting on the loom now and its a b1tch… starting to separate the looms so can adapt it to my obd1 loom…

just a quick question for anyone with knowledge of ecus… i got a p72 to run the h22 just wondering ,… if i dont get a vafc… will it lean out or detonate? cos im strapped for cash at the moment and cant afford to get one just yet… ive been told the car will run like shit but the ecu should balance itself out… and run richer… any help anyone… thanks…

will get some pics up shortly…