Header Question

FYI the adapter for 92-93 cars usually goes between the cat and resonator pipe. It comes from the exhaust supplier. Example shown is my RS-R cat-back with the supplied adapter from RS-R.

Also what year exhaust did you get? If you ordered the 92-93 one it would have come with an adapter (or longer resonator pipe) and fixed your problem. If it is 90-91 then you still have the space issue and would be smart to have an adapter made instead of pulling it together.

91… Is there a pre-made adapter I can just buy online?

High flow cat just arrived!
http://g2ic.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=34290&stc=1&d=1271372843

sigh… another issue has come up.

i had to cut off my old exhaust off so that i could slide it through the small space at the rear on the right side.

after getting it off all was good, i installed each exhaust segment one at a time, i get to the high flow cat and SHIT the fucking angle is off!

LOL!

so either the exhaust maker fudged it, or the catalytic converter manufacturer goofed.

i think I’m just going to take it to the muffler shop tomorrow and have them cut off the end where the resonator pipe goes to the catalytic converter, weld in a 2 inch spacer and rotate the flange 20 degrees to make it all fit.

what high flow cat did you get if it was made for the car should of fit if its a universal one then your gonna have to modify it

it said it was a 90-93 integra high flow cat.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180491831969

see that was your first mistake getting a ebay cat cant really expect it to be perfect fit

If you look at my adapter pic you see it is angled. That was my issue when installing it; there were no papers saying how to have it rotated. I installed the whole thing to realize I had it wrong and had to pull it all out and lay it down next to the OEM.

your options are to make an adapter, or cur the flange off the cheapest/easiest part and extend the pipe.

More than half the time i see exhausts that don’t line up. The reason is most exhaust companies use a fairly straight car to take their measurements from. most of our old rickety cars aren’t as straight so things are liable to be a bit off. it happens. an exhaust shop should be able to cut and reweld that flange for ya.

Alright, so I ended up having the flange clocked on the cat to make it fit right. Everything is solid now.

update:

so after having the flange clocked on the cat, I noticed a small leak at the header 2 to 1 pipe, (the one with 3 bolts coming down from the header).

I may have not tightened the center bolt enough, so the gasket is toast.

am i going to have all the same problems as you?

=[

Probably not. My engine was not stock, and the fitment is different in my case.

buy ebay no brand stuff you should expect to custom fit them, test pipes are useally shorter and flange dont clock right, catback hangers are not in place or bad angle etc, megen is a good brand , you guys’ cars are not stock or you dont know what year or what kinda exhaust the car have , dont blame any body , dont blame megen, 90-91 oil pan is slighty diff from 92-93, i dont know about vtec motor, there are lots of small different thing between 90-91 motor n exhaust to all other newer motors integras
every piece of the exhuast part is diff from 90-91 to 92-93 from what i know, maybe the axle back is the same , never care to find out

stretching your exhaust is not good, dont try to force pieces together, sooner or later you will find a crack somewhere on the header or next you take off header for engine work, you will see a few exhaust studs broken, there should be 2 spring loaded mounting points(cat to header, axle back to resonater piece), after you are done make sure when you shake the exhuast tip, whole systerm moves freely

aslo buying a motor from tigerjapan is a big mistake, you may lucked out this time, if you did enough reseach you wouldnt buy anything from them , they fuck customers up big time, sure they are the cheapest deals you can find some of there motor is dirty as hell some is already blown or rod broke, their customer service is fucked up too ,once you try to talk to them for getting a motor is bad or what they send you is worng, they made lots of people’s life miserable

Great advice man. I have had no problem with TigerJapan. my engine is solid. I did blow a tranny though, but i believe its because of how hard I was driving it. My engine was missing the Ecu when it arrived, so they promptly shipped one out to me.