Hello From Southern Indiana!

dope car are you parting anything from it?

Thanks everyone! Super excited to have it back on the road soon. Not really parting anything but some engine stuff. I do need a couple things though. Looking for a rear t bracket, and a dohc valve cover. Also, picked up some new rollers for it tonight!

Just a small update. Hoping to have the brake lines all in, as well as fuel lines all done and pump rewired by the end of the weekend. Then just waiting on valve cover and t bracket to show up so I can put the engine and trans in and fire it up. One of the parts that came back with the car was an Odyssey PC680 battery. I always hated having the battery all the way in the hatch, so I decided to take advantage of the empty space under the dash and make a battery box. I originally planned to weld a sheet metal box to the bottom of the cowl, but I kept thinking there has to be something easier than this. I used to have the ecu in the glove box so it was out of the way of people’s feet. I decided to mount it on the firewall, and put the battery in the glove box. So this is what I came up with. Have some more pics later on!

Normal looking glove box, just a bit shallow. Figured I only need room for registration and insurance card in there anyway.

Isn’t that going to put a lot of stress on the rather light mounting points of the glove box? Props for creativity though.

Well before you write it off, hear me out. I was initially concerned about that as well. I placed the battery in there and figured out the mounting is nothing more than screws securing the glove box from sliding. There is a thick molded plastic panel that approx 3/4 of the glove box rests on. This is what handles all the weight. Glove box weighs approx 16lbs with the battery. With it in there is no movement what so ever due to the weight.

Fair enough. It has been awhile since I’ve pulled my glove box out so I forgot what lives under there. How many cranking amps are those little batteries?

Rated at 170cca, but the phca or hot cranking is rated for 520. Seem to be fairly popular. First one I’ve ever ran.

does it just slide out if it dies and needs a jump?

No it will just stay in there. In the event that it dies I’ll just clamp at the starter hot and a ground.

Small update, engine is bolted in! Rounding third at this point. Hope to at least be up and running by the weekend. Wheels are going out for powdercoat sometime this weekend, also. Tried this gloss gray paint on the block and trans. I didn’t want to paint the engine, but the ITR trans was already painted and it was way easier to paint the engine that it was to strip and clean off all the paint from the trans. When I pull the engine back out in a few months to go through the block, I plan to strip it all off back to raw, and clean it up. I’ll post up some more pics when I get them! Sorry for the crappy phone stuff.

Coming right along! That’s an interesting place to mount the battery. How will it be removed? Will it be removable without pulling the dash?

It will pull right out with the glove compartment. You can actually look up and see the terminals from under the dash. (The car is a hollow shell lol). So connecting/disconnecting those should be a cinch.

Hopefully the car will be up and running sometime this week. I went to hit it hard this weekend and found that the T bracket I ordered was incorrect. The right one should be here tomorrow, so I can get everything secured and get things connected. I’ll have to get some other pics when I get some time. In the meantime, I decided that I didn’t like the gray paint on the engine and trans, so I decided to try out gloss black with a clear coat over it. Didn’t turn out too bad I don’t think.

That looks really good man!

Hey everyone. Sorry for the lack of updates/pics. Been staying busy trying to get the car going. Took it out Saturday evening to a local cruise, and proceeded to beat the crap out of it later that night. Obviously nowhere near as fast as the CRX I just sold, but felt great to bang some gears nonetheless. Hope to get the car all the way cleaned up this evening, and get every last piece of the interior back in. Maybe then I can snap some decent pics. For right now, just enjoying it being back on the road, whether it’s open header or not lol. ( I’m just waiting for new parts to get here to make a nice flex test pipe to hook up to the cat back)…This is all I have for now!

that engine bay is looking good :up:

Nothing spectacular going on. Got the exhaust done. Got the interior completely installed, along with a new stereo (no pics). Got the outside cleaned up somewhat. Fighting some clear coat issues in a few spots due to tree sap sitting on there for a prolonged period of time. Got the headlights all cleaned up from the nasty brown film on them. Made it out to a local show this past Saturday. Went up to Indianapolis for some cruising. Ended the night being hauled home on a roll back due to a failed ignition coil. Installed the Nardi steering wheel that I had for it. I don’t care for the way it looks with the rest of the car, so it’s up for sale. That’s pretty much it for now. Here are a few pics.

Got rid of the Nardi and bought a Personal suede black edition wheel. Other than that, nothing new. Just enjoying driving it.

Hey guys. Now that the sites back up I wanted to let everyone know that the car is being parted out. (Will still be a roller) ill get a for sale thread up soon, or feel free to ask if you’re interested in anything.

Noooo! Why?

I just feel like I’m doing the same thing over and over with this car, and Hondas in general. That, and as much as I hate to admit it, I think I like working on stuff more than driving/owning it. lol

I guess that’s understandable. Still a shame to see it get torn apart again though.