HondaTom's Dirty DA Build

Ok so I have a thread on HT but I figured this is the right place for my build thread.
I am not going to talk about the begiing but I will post as many pics as I can and I’ll get into my current projects that I am working on.

My goal for this car is to be a competetive track car built on a budget with no fake parts and a lot of custom homemade fabrication.

thiis is my 4th 2nd gen and this particular one started in may 2009

here are the pics from the begining
DAY 1
I installed my carbon fiber mirrors

DAY 2

numbers 3 and 4

I took off my lugs and decided to take a pic.

Then I took this little thing out and it was a pain lol
I had to do it twice first time was nice and easy the second took me about an hour lol.

Then I took this shot

then it looked like this

and this

and looked at this…

The Engines are in… final touch ups on my Girl’s car tomorrow.
Better pictures will be taken. I finally got a new camera lol
I am going to tuck the engine harness and clean the rest of the bay. and make it perfect for her

So here are some pics from the work.

Its hard to take photos and do two swaps by yourself lol

well here you go
My Girls DA

The Dirty One

I am going to take some pics with the new camera tomorrow
these really don’t do any justice to either cars
I mean my girls car is flat black but its fairly clean. We just need to get her
a new hood and a few odds and ends but the engine runs great. I also opted to get rid of the crappy megan 2 piece header and I put the stock one back in. If she decides to keep this car then there will be some considerable work done. That will all be in a new thread if we decide to do it.

This is DA number 5.
I got this for my girl and stole her gsr and gave her my ls lol

and now some pics…

The New Steering Wheel

GSR Cluster

so I did some work on the car recently.

I got new axles and a new half shaft
new honda trans fluid and new axle seals

I got the subframe swapped out and the alignment done. so the car is now sitting correctly. (sorry no pics of this)

best $11 I ever spent

I finished my exhaust finally and got my cat deleted. custom 2.5" test pipe everything welded up nicely and ends at my 2.5" truck muffler lol

finished up my ram air for now

plugged off my antenna hole

deleted my glare guards from my fog lights (i love this mod)

driver side is before and passenger side is after the glare guard was removed so you can see the difference

and last but not least!!!
MY OEM FRONT LIP AND EK SIDE SKIRTS!!!

and today I spent all day trying to figure out why my car wouldn’t start. turns out the main relay’s fuse is shared by the alternator solenoid valve on the underdash fuse box. and the damn fuse was checking good on the continuity test but was indeed blown.

This is my car. I didnt bother to show all of the stuff I did cause I changed a lot and sold a lot.

currently I am working on making caps for my ek side skirts and continuing the sound deadening removal.
I am also working on a front splitter and canards and a rear diffuser.
I also got a b16 head and b16b cams and I will be collecting parts for my poor man type r build
I am also going to be ordering my legend front brake upgrade this week so stay tuned.

as far as specs on the car, here ya go.

Engine:
95 GSR stock everything
USDM type R header
full 2 1/2" exhaust 2 1/2" truck muffler for the street
custom ram air intake
throttle body coolant delete
fludyne radiator
bwr slim fan
custom engine harness made by me
full wire tuck and ac and power steering delete

Chassis:
energy suspension sway bar bushings
k-sport gt pro coilovers for the dc2
dc2 front forks
skunk 2 rear lower control arms
beaks rear lower tie bar
energy suspension radius rod bushings
power steering looped and valve body reworked
jdm shit fake mugen front strut bar (this is only temporary I have a ctr strut bar I am going to bolt on)
megan racing rear upper strut bar
custom trunk strong bar (will be remaking this)
cut bumper supports

exterior and wheels and tires and brakes:
oem 92 front lip
Carbon fiber hood (not sure of the brand bought it used)
98 ek side skirts
plexi glass rear quarter glass (waiting on my hatch glass)
windshield wiper delete
hatch wiper delete
carbon fiber side mirrors
konig minuz 15x6.5" +45 offset
stree tires 195 50 15 pep boys tires
track tires 205 50 15 falken azenis (for now)
stock brakes currently (remand legend twin piston front calipers and 11" rotors for the front next week with remand stock da calipers and new rotors in the rear)

Interior:
97 itr non srs steering wheel
92 GSR cluster
Piolot shift knob
sunpro oil pressure gauge
custom bape fabric on door panels and shift boot (done by me)
gutted interior except dash and door cards and seats
no blower motor
no heater core
no ac condensor
stripped inner dash
chassis harness has been stripped of all un-used wiring
I am currently working on removing my sound deadening and removing as much weight as possible

future mods include buddy club racing seats and rails, 6 point cage with seam welding the entire chassis, asr subframe brace and 24mm sway bar, energy suspension front lca bushings, new oem ball joints, arp wheel studs, real tow hooks (undecided on brand) skunk 2 front and rear camber kit etc…

Nice going thus far. Love the wire tuck. Makes the engine bay look soo much better and readily accessable to work on. Keep it HOT!

Give a whot, put a high flow cat on… clean cars though :up:

Thanks for the kind words.
but why do you say to put a high flow cat?
right now after running my five gas analyzer my car is running lower nox and hc’s than my girl’s car with a properly working cat and stock ecu.
I legally passed my inspection in nj so I will be leaving it this way.

well today I am putting my falkens on. I figured I would give my girl my good winter tires cause hers are shot and just save my cash for a better track tire.
so I will have pics later today.

[QUOTE=HondaTom87;2213700]
Ok so I have a thread on HT but I figured this is the right place for my build thread.[/QUOTE]

correct, sir. :up:

both cars are turning out nicely. Keep up the good work. I’ll have my eyes on this thread.

[QUOTE=HondaTom87;2213823]Thanks for the kind words.
but why do you say to put a high flow cat?
right now after running my five gas analyzer my car is running lower nox and hc’s than my girl’s car with a properly working cat and stock ecu.
I legally passed my inspection in nj so I will be leaving it this way.

well today I am putting my falkens on. I figured I would give my girl my good winter tires cause hers are shot and just save my cash for a better track tire.
so I will have pics later today.[/QUOTE]

As long as your numbers are low and with in reasonable levels, no cat is fine I supose just bugs me when people polute for a half a horse power :slight_smile: speaking of, obviusly if your numbers are inline and following the trend that looks like you didnt cut any corners. what kind of tuning system are you using?

Consider the RT’s 615’ s. a good bang for your buck performace tire!

[QUOTE=BLKACK1;2213994]As long as your numbers are low and with in reasonable levels, no cat is fine I supose just bugs me when people polute for a half a horse power :slight_smile: speaking of, obviusly if your numbers are inline and following the trend that looks like you didnt cut any corners. what kind of tuning system are you using?

Consider the RT’s 615’ s. a good bang for your buck performace tire![/QUOTE]

The car is tuned via ec-tune right now on a modified pr4 all done by chris harris at xenocron.
I dont ever cut corners I just try and save money lol.
for the most part though the tune is very close to stock most of my work with lowering my numbers in the exhaust stream have come from me doing as much as possible to lower my intake temperatures… I don’t want to get into all the details but I have done extensive work to my intake set up to help cool the combustion chamber and did a lot of ignition tuning as far as timing and not so much performance related ignition setups. I only did that so I could pass inspection lol. by next year it will be almost always on the track. but I personally dont care about the emissions. my friend told me I could lower my numbers without a cat and just messing with my car so thats what I did. lol
I personally think this global warming stuff is retarded… if there really is global warming then there is absolutely nothing we as humans can do about it. case in point is the number one green house gas in our atmosphere is H2O… which happens to be a vital substance for our survival. second CO2 is essential for our vegetation which happens to give us oxygen and feed us. but don’t get me wrong I am all for lowering the amount of hc’s and nox levels as there are zero benefits from those.

okay now that that is off my chest lol

so I got a new throttle body today and installed my brembo front rotors they are just blanks I had sitting around and are only temps. I am just waiting on some more cash so I can finish piecing together my legend front brake upgrade. so I will try to have some pics soon.

u make me miss my old da…

the Ferrari’s and Gtr’s value now is raised a DA parked next to them hehehehe

lol at ‘stealing’ your girls engine

[QUOTE=laokid;2215221]u make me miss my old da…

[/QUOTE]

DAMN I can’t wait until mine is all one color again… And as soon as I am done with all the suspension work my front end will look similar to yours.
thank you for the pics though thats new motivation for me

now I wish I hadn’t taken it cause I am having nothing but problems. little issues but none the less I hate having to fix things that were fine yesterday lol.

well my 1" master cylinder, legend brake calipers and 11" rotors are in the mail headed to my house!!!
next is finding a new case for my itr cable trans. then finishing up the poor man’s type r