how big is this turbo?

I know this might be a bad question, but I’ve been doing a little research and I had to ask. A friend of mine has a 60a/r compressor housing and a 68 exhaust housing on his turbo. I just wanted to know if that sounds right first and if so how would this turbo respond to our cars in general. It seems a little big, but he had it on a built b16. Just looking for anyone with more experience than I to give me some advice about this turbo. thanks

could be a 60-1, sc61 etc…really not to big even for a mild b-series

he’s switching to the 60-1 so i know it’s smaller than that. just wanted to make sure it wasn’t too big for my application. LS turbo stock bore. Didn’t want a ton of lag and just a lil top end. thanks for the reply.

buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaAAAA!!!

TURBO LAG!!!

sc61 isnt laggy

compared to???

for its size it spools fast. full spool at 4000 rpm if not less…depends on the car.

also depends on the model of the sc61…there are a few variations

he never said his power goals or anything. Blackknight, what are your power goals? SC61 is a great turbo, but if your not looking for 500+whp, why not look for something smaller??

very true…but i have seen an sc61 with the t04E cover on a b16 and it was a solid 350whp

i think some of u need to spend more time reading and not posting. the sc61 comes in many trim sizes. a sc61 will not lag if ur motor is built to use it. on a built block with a good flowing head an ls can spool even a .63 hotside and .70 comp very easily. an sc61 is not ment for only 500+hp setups.

also u all have failed to see that he said it’s a .60 comp and .68 hotside. a large hotside and small comp…

did I ever say that it was only for 500+? where did you see that he was building his engine? you wouldnt recommend a SC61 or any turbo that big to someone that is using it for say a time attack…you know. he just wanted to know about this turbo in general.

just don’t assume I said something, it makes you and me look like an ass!!

he never said his power goals or anything. Blackknight, what are your power goals? SC61 is a great turbo, but if your not looking for 500+whp, why not look for something smaller??

:angel:

I’ve got a built ls motor with roughly 9-2-1 i think after the head shaving. The pistons are really 9-1. I would like to hit 300hp if i can with about 10lbs of boost. I’m just not that good with trim sizes and how the spool time is with them. I got it anyway for the price, but it was laggy before in his built b16. I was also considering putting turbo cams in this car to hit my goals. I dont want just 225hp. I wish the block was sleeved, but maybe one day i can do that. But for now it’s stock bore with built internals and built head. thanks for the replies too.

this will also be my daily, so too much lag isn’t good. But if it’s fast i might deal with it.

Also forgot to mention that it is a garrett turbo