How do people drive without A/C, P/S, ABS?

I love seeing clean engine bay shaves/tucks but I personally find them very unpractical when you are actually behind the wheel. Unless you live somewhere like San Diego where it’s perfect weather most days of the year, and don’t daily drive it, I can see myself rocking it. In NYC, winters get pretty brick, parking sucks all the time so you have to squeeze into parallel parking spots, summers are very humid and nasty, as well as other elemental conditions. Enlighten me guys.

its all on personal opinion, if you dont like it then dont roll like that simple as that. Also its not that hard to drive like that at all, who needs ps/ac? all u need is heater lol

I used to live in New York, then I moved to Southern California so I could drive without A/C, P/S, and ABS…Just kidding (but I did live in New York). But if you ever come out to San Deigo you will want to stay too…

kind of wierd that you mention it, I removed PS, ABS, and my AC doesn’t work in my DA but I live about an hour away from San Diego and it gets very hot in the summer. My plans are to fix my AC this year so I don’t have a heat-stroke driving my DA.

Ng

AC is a must in Texas, but powersteering isn’t bad. Manual rack or looping the system works. I personally looped mine, but haven’t driven it since my car is still out of commission to really know how much effect it has on it. Besides, I read somewhere that our car’s power steering cuts off after x mph.

[QUOTE=ng8650;2246550]I used to live in New York, then I moved to Southern California so I could drive without A/C, P/S, and ABS…Just kidding (but I did live in New York). But if you ever come out to San Deigo you will want to stay too…

kind of wierd that you mention it, I removed PS, ABS, and my AC doesn’t work in my DA but I live about an hour away from San Diego and it gets very hot in the summer. My plans are to fix my AC this year so I don’t have a heat-stroke driving my DA.

Ng[/QUOTE]

how did you go about moving to socal cause i have big intentions of moving as well. it’s just hard leaving everyone behind

ps isnt really a big deal honestly. you get used to after a while and it only makes a marginal diff when the vehicle is in motion. as for the a/c i live in GA and dont have any, dont really use it much in my wifes fit either. just roll down the windows and cruise. some people have a better time with the heat the others though, after my tour in iraq the us summers honestly are a joke to me now. Im also building my car more for race that luxury anyhow though, so for me every pound and extra bit of power counts.

tint helps A LOT in the summer with no AC, especially the expensive tint with metals that reflect a lot of UV rays vs. the shitty tint thats just a dark film

as for no P/S, i found it fine in my EF but in my DA i was struggling (yes i’m weak) lol

well put and i’ll have to agree. I personally just love no ac or ps, but I do still have my heat for winter…my friends dont understand it either :slight_smile:

Ive had none on any off my cars,never had and issue,it only sucks when it rains alot and everything starts fogging up.im in the process of installing AC,Florida Summers can be cruel sometimes

1.no p/s=bigger fore arms
2.no a/c=roll down the windows open sunroof
3.no abs=never had it
4.no heater=driver faster motor keep the car warm (took all sound deading of fire wall)
5.no wipers=do drive in bad rain an have rain x

Or I just jump in the 4 door that has it all lol

It wasn’t intentional…Good ol USMC got me to SoCal and I ended up staying…

Ng

My PS is going out and i’m in the process of just deleting it from my car. I live in Hawaii. Weather doesn’t get as hot as ya’ll! I don’t have AC. I’m fine with it.

thats NOT a Diego thing its a CALIFORNIA thing. they dont call it sunny killafornia 4 nuthing i luv this weather. i personally HATE PS no need 4 AC i got power windows and sunroof and not leather interior. ABS how often do u really use it?

my friend has a track prepped miata and he took all his options out to “feel the road” more. as a result of no AC he has clipped in windows and managed to shatter them trying to get them off on a nice day, driving down the street LOL

I have a black on black leather DA with fully deleted AC and looped PS rack and I live in FL. Never had ABS in it. Have not been here for a summer in it yet, but have been in Africa for the summer months over the past few years. Up to 127 degrees there with no AC, so back here doesn’t feel so bad. As for PS, I just see it as my daily workout. I have let a lot of people drive my car, and typically guys complain about it more than the ladies.

I daily drive my car, and i never used my AC when i had it. I deleted AC and PS a couple months ago, not having PS isn’t that bad. My car never had abs.

its not that bad, as in everything. just takes a little getting used to… allthough AC would be nice sometimes!

LA does have Freeways and boy do we like 2 go fast on them lol 110mph on n e CA freeway is easy 2 loose it with PS.
I HATE PS! lol

Well, I lived in Florida and didn’t use my AC. Mainly because I drove a crappy “Pontiac Sunbird” and turning on the AC robbed the engine of so much power I couldn’t get going from a stoplight. There was something seriously wrong with that car…the engine was sooo weak.

Anyhow…I got used to just driving without the AC and opening the windows and sweating some.

Now, In the Integra, things are much nicer and I have a LOT more horsepower but I don’t feel the need to have the AC installed into the car to survive.
If things get insanely hot for some reason, I may have to get an AC…but at this point, it’s doubtful.

Dm of mD

you can still have them and make the bay look simple, i think there some kits you can go to electronic power steering pump, and hide it behind the fender liner