How to retrofit projectors in your jdm headlights

heres how she stands today

nice man im gonna try and this to my glass ones, has anyone done this

is there any chance u would like to sell those…if so let me know… renzodaplayboi@yahoo.com

nope sorry not selling

how much would u do another set for?

haha another set =/ time is priceless! idk i cannot to tell you the truth… it takes too much time =( sorry

any 1 get this months issue of honda tuning? in their how section they retrofited tsx into an acura rl and cleared the lines.

yea i saw that, they make it seem easy…heres there website http://www.theretrofitsource.com/…im gonna have to try it when i get 1 pieces.

what about doing the bi-xenon ones in the 1 pieces? hi/lo beam ones i guess? anyone have input about those? they would be as easy as the tsx projectors considering there the same size but different deep size.

hey man you think you can post up a pic on how you did the wiring for these new headlights.

thanks.

instructions came with the hid kit on how to wire up… i bought a mccullogh kit i think

My Projector Install.

I used projectors for a Civic, i dont know the model, but i would say about 2003. I had to cut part of the back of the projectors away as i was wanting to use the stock h4h bracket. This means that i can still use either stock or aftermarket hid and not have to change the wiring.
The halos that come with the civic lights cannot be used as they are to large to fit into the houseing unless you choose to mount the projectors further back and cut into the plastic reflector parts (part painted black)
Currently i do not have a decent pic of the projectors with the covers on as my camera is shit and flares when used infront of odd lighting.

Please not that you will have to check the projection of the lights as some are set up for different sides of the road to drive on. The projectors i used were from a US/Europe Civic and so, being in Australia, i had to take them apart and flip the internal ‘cutoff plate’. 5min job. Otherwise you will blind oncoming traffic.

was going to use halos but decided not to after choosing not to create a clear window for them.

Test Fitting - 2 different globes used, Nokyya h4h and Stanley H4 grinded down. The converted H4 started cooking the black paint arround the housing, so i’m never doing that again.

Stock connection bracket

Final. Just needs a clean with Autosol.

Also when test fitting make sure you actually test them with your lights, otherwise you will get them looking all “wall eyed”

nice job! but isnt the whole projector retro thing to get projectors suited for HID applications?

not always… but then also, projectors are suppost to be used with a clear lense instead of the oem style which has tons of bricks everywhere…

with or without HID’s, with a clear lense is the biggest difference

i know but…going back to conventional bulbs is like…wasting all that effort for not much more luminance. plus as you say the fluted glass/plastic distorts the clean projection.

I’m using a h4h HID kit. But if i wish i can change to normal bulbs. In that pic i was using the stock bulbs only to align them.

I wonder if you can fit a projector in the fog light portion? I’m thinking of retrofitting 4 projectors. one in the main housing, and another in the fog light housing. Not sure if it’s worth the work tho when I can jsu do the dual hi/lo HID in the main one.

I wonder if you can fit a projector in the fog light portion? I’m thinking of retrofitting 4 projectors and 4 hids. one in the main housing, and another in the fog light housing. Not sure if it’s worth the work tho when I can jsu do the dual hi/lo HID in the main one.

Wouldn’t That Be Over Kill

do it! you’ll be unique in that fashion. take it a step further!

Your Right, He’ll Be Unique In That Sense. But It Will Still Look Like These.