How to retrofit projectors in your jdm headlights

It wouldn’t look anything like those crappy ebay 1 peice JDM “style” projectors

Heres a few shots of mine testing the stock 4300k bulbs with a slight color mod
This Afternoon.

damn that a nice cutoff. if i hadnet already finished the jdm 1pcs i would have gone with those.

great. i’ve made my decision. If i were to ever retrofit projectors, it would be in those headlights. I love the cutoff and it looks great.

I was debating for a while whether i should use the jdm 1 pces or 3pc headlights. i heard of this washer trick…anyone mind telling me how that works?

OK… It FInally Got Dark Enough To Take Night Pics Keep In Mind I Took About 50 Shots Just To Get A Decent 2 Outta The Bunch…
These Are Stock D2S 4300k Bulbs(Osram 85122) They Have A Nice Stock TSX Blue Hue To Them. And I Can See Like Damn Near 1/2 A Mile Away Now, The Side View Is Amazing…Oh The Color Mod To The Tsx Projectors Is To Simply Place 2 #6 or #8 Washers On Each Nipple At The Bottom Of The Projector…
Doin This Gives You The Rainbow Effect All Across The Cut Off Line…
The Camera Or At Least Mine Doesn’t Seem To Capture The Tru Beautiful Color
Of The Cut Off… It Was Very Hard Cramming The Huge Tsx Projectors Inside The Ebay One Pieces. This Is My First Try At This, And ThankFully It Worked Out Cause I Had Only A 2 Day Time Frame To Do It(Work)…

wow that looks great too

Where can I find some TSX projectors and D2s bulbs? I definately need to do this.

ebay has got a bunch.

any tsx projector made after 2005 (ie. 2006 projectors) are fresnel lenses, which distort (to an extent) a clear beam. people prefer pre-2006 TSX projectors if you can get your hands on them.

Thanks. you konw of any other places by chance?

i dont think they have tsx in particular, but hidplanet.com is a popular place. They sell complete kits with projectors, bulbs, and ballasts included. Perfect for retrofitting. Their bosch kit looks pretty nice. Looks like the ECE flared cutoff. plus its really bluuee.

Yeah Bosch kit is nice. This is going to cost me $400+ for equipment?

-Projectors
-Bulbs
-Ballasts

Does the harness come with the ballasts?

The bosch kit looks like it will fit nice with a lot less modification.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/ pretty cool website

i dont know about the kit as i’ve just seen it on the site, but you can just buy the bosch projectors separately, for 100 + shipping

http://www.hidplanet.com/bosch.html

then get an aftermarket d2s kit or something that’ll be under 300 easy. shouldnt be too hard to wire up. It looks like a pretty good deal.

good sites.:up: thx ya’ll

Make Sure You Register On Hidplanet So You Can See All The Pics , Videos, And Write Ups As It Will Make Everything Easy As Possible. And I Know Alot Of People Are Against Plug And Play Kits But Honestly I Have A Set And On My Civic Hatch And It Actually Rivals My Oem Set Up. Check Out This Site. It’s In Most Tuner Magazines http://www.xtralights.com

holy shit is itme or is that an expensive website? jdm 1 peices with hids for 1grand…haha yea right. unless there brand new with projectors retrofit in them then forget that

It Is If Your Buying The Headlights And The Kit. I Only Brought The Ballast Bulbs And Wiring Harness Cost Me Only $350. Even If You Went To theretrofitsource.com And Had Them Do Your Lights It Would Still Cost Around $1000 .

they can charge 1000 if they want it deff takes that much work to get the lights the way they get them

so that price is with the hid kit and projectors or just the hid kit?

hmm after seeing that 100 deal for a pair of e46 (bosch) projectors…i am VERY tempted to do a retrofit. I read on the forums that HIDplanet already bends the shields in em to get that beautiful blue cutoff. :up: Unfortunately i have 3 pcs with fluted gass lenses so it would ruin the cutoff. Plus my friend thats visiting japan may bring back some 1pces for me. We’ll see.