How to retrofit projectors in your jdm headlights

I’ve Been Researching How To Retrofit For A Long Time Before Actually Doing My Own. All The Places That I Found To Do Them For Me Were All Were $1000.
I Figured It Would Be Way Cheaper To Do It Myself, But Once I Started I Found Out Why They Charge So Much. It Was Definitely A Difficult Task Especially Shoving The Really Huge TSX Projectors In The Small Space Of Ebay One-Pieces. Aiming The Is A PITA, Sealing Them Is A PITA, Trying To Make Them Look Stock Is An Even Bigger PITA. So For Some, $1000 Maybe A Bargain.

Has anyone retrofitted stock headlights yet?

yea its on here http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165791&highlight=projectors+oem

I’m definately doing this because being as low as I am with the body lines of the DA, these one-pieces tend to point downwards. I seriously get like several yards of light and that’s it. I think I may find some scrap one-pieces and do it with those instead of the ones I have on now. This way I can take my time and not have to rush because I daily my car. Also I need to research this a little bit more, so far I’m thinking of going with the TSX’s as I haven’t heard anything about the Bosch system. TSX’s seem to be in favor by people who’ve done it. I need more light so I can cruise the mountains at night though that’s for sure. Gotta put my new suspension set-up to good use. :up:

well tsx is a nice fit from what i hear, and the bosch projectors are ok the output isnt that well compared to tsx ones but if you swap a different lense on them there great they said. at least thats what one of the sites told me when i emailed them.

This sounds a little stupid but, I want to retrofit my stock headlights and i know they are glass. Could the inside be smoothed without them cracking? Or would the glass be too thin and crack with one hit of a flying rock?

It will be very difficult.

But there shouldnt be any issue with it being too thin/cracking.

hey vincent001 those lights r maddd…

would you be able to make me a set?

i would make you a set for the cost of supplies and 200 bucks.

does anyone have day time pics without the housing painted black?..with the lights turned off…

depending on the angle they are pretty visible.

pics

rehost pics please. everyone gets upset when people ask the same questions over and over. but when people search and find that the pics aren’t working anymore expect repeat questions. also some of the links that peope put to other pages on this site also don’t work.

X2

x3

wow that red g2 looks sexy. I just started working at Acura and I’ve really taken a liking to all the TSX and TL, RL, RDX, HID’s hanging around. I’m starting to want to do this mod!!!

yea i want to do this. i can do it by reading but i want to look at some pics first
lol
x4

/////

how much would the supply be? would the 1 piece from ebay b better than the JDM 1 piece cause the clear lence? quote me a price bro, on u supply everything include the head light too.thx

didn’t know people still look at this thread… here are some of the original pictures…

you guys will figure out the rest right?

if possible the pics on page 1 need to be fixed.

need pics