I am doing turbo is this motor setup good??

OK first off I am in the process of building a 91 Integra… I am going to be doing turbo… I would like to run around 12-13 sec (if possible)… Now I was recently offered a fully rebuilt 91 LS B18a1. I want to know if the way that this motor was built if i can handle boost and acheive 12-13 secs… I know right off hand a few other things I am going to do other than whats already done to the motor such as…

stage 3 clutch, lightweight flywheel, head bolts, vtec water pump, vtec timing belt, starter, 120 amp altinator, engine mounts, stage 2 or 3 axles, differential (tranny) skunk2 intake manifold, and hondata on board fuel managment system (S200)… (AND IF ANYONE HAS ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS)

ok now for the list of things done to this motor…

The motor has been fully rebuilt and has no miles on it… It has a resurfaced flywheel, polished crank, new main seal, new main bearing, new rod bearing. .040 pistons (OEM), new rings, machinced, bored, honed, new head gasket, milled head, 3 angle valve job (valve springs), skunk 2 dual valve springs, new valves (16), new seals on top end, new timing belt, new cam seals and O-rings, new water pump gasket, new thermostate and gasket, painted valve cover, head, and block, ecu 90, wiring harness, tranny, clutch (stock and used), axles (stock and used), altinator, power steering, mounts, distribuator, new ngk plugs and wires… Filled with 100% Full synthetic oil and a few more things i am sure…

The guy wants $1300 for this… SHOULD I BUY IT??? remember i want to turbo it… Can it handle it and could I drive it as a everyday driver at 12 PSI??? Is there anything that I should worry about with this setup with turbo…

Any and all INFO helps… Thanks for your time…

I will post pics of the motor tomorrow…

I just have a couple things to say. First off, on even a very large turbo 12psi will be hardly enough to get you to 12’s. Secondly, tuning is key for a reliable setup.

as i put i am going to be using hondata… i will def be getting it tuned… i just don’t want the motor to blow… and if its going to i want to know what else i should do so it won’t…

Don’t spend money on an EMS that you can get for free. Look into TurboEdit, a free stand-alone. Xenocron can chip your ECU and set you up with a basemap to get you started for around $80. A hell of a lot better than the $1000 boost optioned Hondata.

1000 dollars? :think:

were can i get that chip?? and program??

how many hp should you expect from this $80 chip? I didn’t know they make one for our cars.

Its not specific to our cars, but rather your setup. You have to provide information about your setup so the proper basemap can be burned. The basemap will run your car, but you will probably need some fine tuning to get it perfect. Its not rated for a certain amount of horsepower either