I want a 1990 skyline!!!!!

I saw the facebook post from g2 ic and was reminded of this!!!

They’ll be legal to import!!! Anyone in Canada have one to sell? Or anyone know an importer (regular) that can line one up?

There is a company in Virginia already importing JDM vehicles. Clean GTRs are going for like low 20k.

rivsu is the company that you want to talk to. they are the ones that are importing my FD and they are just all around the best. they even have skylines currently in stock that you could drive off the lot with same day. they can even order one for you if you dont like what they have on the lot. they do more than just skylines too. they can import just about any 25+ year old car for you. contact them or look at their website.

http://rivsuimports.com/

tell them that honda_boy from ZY sent you.

I want a second generation Pinzgauer!

Nostalgia Imports in New York is already bringing 25 year old cars over. They have already brought 10+ Skylines and a select few RX7s and Supras. Too bad '89 Integras are still priced above $7k.

I looked on rivzu but the cars they have on there seem a bit beat up. I guess I’ll keep an eye on them. I also emailed nostalgia. I guess we’ll see how much it would really cost. Tempted to just try and do it myself. Should be much easier with the exemption, lol

beat up? are you expecting a 25 year old car to look… pristine? they can get you a show car status 32 if thats what you want. just be ready to pay. the stuff on their website is just whats on their website. they can get their hands on just about anything…

Relax, I get that… I’m making comparisons to other websites and other cars I’ve seen. I am by no means looking for a show car. I wouldn’t mind a beat up one as long as it was priced accordingly. I’m honestly contemplating going over there and paying one and shipping it over myself. Was planning on visiting anyway. Probably won’t be till’ next year. Like I said, I’m keeping an eye on their stock and see what comes up. I actually saw a 92 (I think) on their site. Might have to wait a few months to try for that one so that it falls under the rules.

Would it really be cheaper to get one imported by yourself versus a dealer?

I’d save somewhere around 2000 (just speculation based on some of the breakdowns I’ve seen) but it seems like doing it yourself gives you tons more liberty to negotiate the price of the car and cuts out middleman fees. But of course it would be a big headache. Even if I were to get it I still wouldn’t be able to drive it for more than 2500 miles (unless I register it out of state). Rivzu seems a little on the pricy side but I wonder if that includes shipping to Florida…

Can you elaborate on the 2,500 miles part? Who places that restriction, and how do they enforce it?

California air resources board. Only way I can register in California is as a show car. The limit is 2500 miles. Anywhere else would be ok as a regular car :frowning:

Edit: can’t drive it for more than 2500 a year. Has to do with emissions. They won’t smog it as far as i know

I see, go ahead and fill in my thoughts about California and the stupid laws there on the line above. No need for me to clutter your thread. :slight_smile: Good luck!

Eh go ahead! Maybe I’ll email the thread to the governor and plead clemency lol

how do they enforce the 2500 miles a year? do they come check your odometer on a specific day every 12 months and check it against last year’s reading?

I’m not sure. They likely ask for it during registration renewal. Well I guess I could skirt around that if I was inclined to…

I would rather buy one with a clean body and an blown engine than the other way around.

I tired to import a da6 through several legal channels about 10 years ago. (There are ways of doing it without waiting for the 25 and older law). It would have cost me nearly double what the car sold for brand new. If I were to do it today , I’d go through a service. While you may be able to get a better price dealing with a seller in person, have fun with things like making sure the car is certified radiation free (a whole barrel of laughs after the tsunami associated reactor disaster) and dock fees. Don’t forget shipping $$$$.

Yea, I’ve contacted a company to help get the car over from the docks in Japan (in case going over is an option) I did see that 92’s are much cheaper than 90’s. Another thing I might consider doing is shipping it to mexico and holding it there till’ the law catches up to the model year… I dunno.

You may have meant the radiation contamination as a joke but now I’m seriously worried about it. Maybe I’ll just quit and go buy that vepr 12 I’ve been eyeing and save the rest lol.

Its not a joke. The importers I talked to recently all assured me that anything leaving japan (used cars / trucks/ construction equipment) has to be certified radiation free. The importers take care of this and know the proper channels to go through to get this done. I wouldnt even know where to start if I were trying to go about this on my own.