In the way to LSV-T, updated weekly

got futher tonight !
I had to stop while installing the pistons cause the tuning shop gave me the wrong rod bolts.
the before and after Block painting is a hell of an improvement.
The tolerance for the main bearings is giving me headache… im about 0.002in everywhere, and this is the service limit… i’ve decided to go anyway. we’ll see if it holds oil pressure… cross fingers…
Here we go

It was not in my to do list, by i decided that since engine is out and the cleaning that ive done could not refresh the paint, ive bought some automotive paint NH538 (original color) and took out my paint gun.

what an upgrade !! i will not regret this move.
Next weekend is my 25th birthday and if everything goes according to plan, engine will be in and working!!
Its now about 10 degree C outside and its about time to run that beast. Ill try to bring a dynosheet at the end of may.

HPIM0360.jpg

HPIM0363.jpg

HPIM0361.jpg

oh i forgot my custom made seat brakets. it really gives the car a great look too.

why is the clearances so tight, just an old block or was it blown up plz explain

well it mentions i think 0.008 to 0.017 and i am at 0.02. The engine was running well except that it burnt oil a bit. It had 300 000km to its life before removing it.

your at 0.02 and service limit is 0.008 , meaning you could got down about another thousandths right:stare: ?

i think its more like if your bearing wears the passage of oil is more toward 0.02 thick, too thick to keep the pressure on and then make your crankshaft spins freely. With new bearings, the oil passage should be between 0.008 and 0.017 inch, then keeping the oil pressure and make the crankshaft slide up to whatever the rpm you want :clap:

Ill know when Im lsv till then :stare: so are you golden? :corn:

took pictures tonight, but forgot them at the garage

Flywheel is in, clutch and pressure plate. Trany is assembled.
Pumps and belts are on.

Tomorrow i’ll be renting a crane and install the head.
ECU is chipped with parts from Xenocron (thanks) and ready to go.

Ill be street tuning it with my LC-1 friday night
wish me luck !

fell free to post up any tuning advice and tips. :wink:

nice build:up:

hey typRWhiteTeg93, where you at in quebec??

I’m really close to downtown, if you come close by just gimme a sign !

nice build… i like it… good luck with the rebuild

very few left !
teaser:cool:

oh yeah? im on the south shore and my teg will be ls-t in about 3-4 weeks. i just removed the head today and im removing my trans tomorrow for clutch, head studs etc. would be awesome to meet up! do you have msn?

jpgagnon21@hotmail.com

cool. i added you. which track do you go to?

never really been to a track in particular, once to Pont Rouge, once to St Eustache, what about you ( i know SteCroix is closed this summer ?)

i usually go to napierville on fridays to mess around a bit.

Finally over
No picture today but it will come
Due to a starter problem (it was shot before i removed the engine) icould not make a first run. Also while doing the wastegate piping icut my ankle really deep so it interrupted the night. Got to go to the hospital.
I had code 64 and 3 i think,which is normal sincei have no O2 sensor hooked up.
Dont worry i’ll be giving updates soon !