Introducing my stock DA9 LSS.

I think you’ll be much happier with the polyurethane lip as it is more flexible and if you scrape on it/ it won’t crack or break as easy as the others like fiber glass or plastic and such ect… IMO the type r lip looks a-lot better than the mugen style one but like I said that’s my opinion. And the question you had about what vtec head would be better for a b2O block. Well there is no true answer to that b/c it really depends on what route you’re going for whether it be n/a or boost. Well ‘IMO’ for a n/a motor (naturally aspired) your best bet would be to go with a gsr (b18c1) head b/c it yields higher comp than say a b16 head with the b2O block. B2O blocks are low comp and the gsr head has a small combustion chamber which will raise your compression a bit. Now if you are going for boost then a b16 head will be ok, not saying you can’t use either on each setup but each serves better for each purpose. The b16 head with a b2O block will be low comp which is great for boost but can still be used for all motor also but if you use it for boost and with a proper tune you can get anywhere in-between 250-300 hp on a stock block/head. But built your looking at an excess of 400 whp and up to 700 depending on turbo size, fuel set-up, compression, and tune and some other factors that I have not mention. But either way a b2O vtec setup whether it be all motor or boosted it can still be a fun and very much capable performer. Hope this helps and good luck with your project.

So i know its been a while since ive posted on this thread but ive been having an issue with my car and i need some help.

For a while my car has been making a weird noise and everyone I’ve been asking is stumped. Ive done research to try and figure it out on my own and used a screwdriver as a stethoscope, nothing.

The noise only happens when im driving and in motion with my foot on the gas. When I open up the throttle while in gear it doesn’t get louder but however gets louder with the speed of the car. When i press on the clutch the sound goes away and as soon as i am back into gear, in motion, on the gas. It starts to click again.

The sound does not occur at idle.

ALL POSSIBLE THINGS I HAVE FOUND THROUGH READING…
-Injectors
-Exhaust Leak (which i know i do have)
-Timing needs to be adjusted
-Valve Lash
-Rod Knock :[
-Spun Bearing :[

Performance hasn’t changed at all since the noise and yes my oil level is fine.

Any Ideas on what it could be? Ill make a video first thing in the morning at Idle and then when driving. Hopefully my gopro picks it up as they come with sucky mics.

I know its been a while but heres an updated photo of how she is sitting.

[QUOTE=SABsurgery;2278825]

I know its been a while but heres an updated photo of how she is sitting.[/QUOTE]Clean bro.

Well spring is coming up and there has a been a flew slight changes. Installed a DC 4-2-1 Header and painted it with the high heat ceramic spray coating. Its been on for a few weeks now and it seems to be holding up pretty well. The “performance” is alright, not much to expect from a header.

Also after having only one jdm one piece headlight, I had finally found its missing half and installed them! I really wish I had done a better job cleaning them and evened them out. Heres a pic of them installed.

I decided to do a bit of spring cleaning. Stripped out the rear temporarily to clean up the trunk space and rear seating area. And the pics of the damage…

gosh it was terrible…

Bits of glass from when my window and old candy along with some sticky substances, chuck e cheese coins stuck on the noise reduction stuff melted in by the heat. It was all gross and disgusting.

yaaaayyy. it was a lot better than before but still not done completely done. I began to run out of sunlight and so I decided to just finish up the job tomorrow.

Also Ill be wrapping up the speaker wire for the sub as they were all over the place in the first few pictures so I zip tied them up and will be picking up sheathing in the morning. It should be looking a lot cleaner. So more pictures tomorrow.

I did this mearly for the sake of my well being. Just to know its all clean back there will surely be a good feeling haha. Also to get rid of the smell that lingered in the air. I will also be removing my front seats and hopefully all goes well when I shampoo the carpet. Any tips on what kind of cleaning soloution I should use? Also since im already back there, which is the power wire to the fuel pump as I will be installing a killswitch while all that stuff is out. Are there any tips on how I should approach this?

Thanks guys for taking the time and reading this, sorry for not updating. Not that anyone cares or anything :slight_smile:

Comments and constructive criticism are appreciated.

they had those flatouts in polished? i didnt know that…they look good!

[QUOTE=SABsurgery;2278770]So i know its been a while since ive posted on this thread but ive been having an issue with my car and i need some help.

For a while my car has been making a weird noise and everyone I’ve been asking is stumped. Ive done research to try and figure it out on my own and used a screwdriver as a stethoscope, nothing.

The noise only happens when im driving and in motion with my foot on the gas. When I open up the throttle while in gear it doesn’t get louder but however gets louder with the speed of the car. When i press on the clutch the sound goes away and as soon as i am back into gear, in motion, on the gas. It starts to click again.

The sound does not occur at idle.

ALL POSSIBLE THINGS I HAVE FOUND THROUGH READING…
-Injectors
-Exhaust Leak (which i know i do have)
-Timing needs to be adjusted
-Valve Lash
-Rod Knock :[
-Spun Bearing :[

Performance hasn’t changed at all since the noise and yes my oil level is fine.

Any Ideas on what it could be? Ill make a video first thing in the morning at Idle and then when driving. Hopefully my gopro picks it up as they come with sucky mics.[/QUOTE]

Did you ever finish your investigation as to what the sound was every time you stepped on the gas, and if so, what did you do to resolve the situation? It seems as though I am sharing the same issue as you and wondered what it could possibly be. Though, I’ve been informed from two mechanic shops that the motor is about to crock.

Ive come down to thinking its my passenger side axle. I jacked up he car and saw a largr hole in the boot where it connects to the tranny. Drying out all of the lubricant inside it. Ill be finding out forsure this coming week once i replace it. Then ill report back.

Found out that it was in fact my axles (both from the boots), a while back i had raised my car and the noises were gone. I changed them out anyway.

UPDATE

Ordered from DWS parts. free shipping got it in TWO days from the day I ordered it, no tax for me cause its out of state. BEST. DEAL. EVER. highly suggest checking it out for all my California brethren.

Came in a nice brushed aluminum gray. ASR spherical endlinks, D-brackets and bushings with lube, and the hefty 24mm ASR sway bar.

In comparison to the stock 14.7 rear sway bar.

Will take pictures with it installed when there’s light outside.

Recently got a job as a Valet at a nice hotel nearby. imo a pretty awesome job for an 18 year old like me haha so there more where this came from!