Is the OEM Oil Pressure Sensor Needed?

I am going to be installing an AEM oil pressure gauge soon on my car and instead of using a “T” I was thinking about just running an oil pressure gauge rather than both the gauge and the OEM sensor on the back of the block. Is the OEM oil pressure sensor needed for anything? Is it a bad idea to get rid of it to avoid T-ing the sensor and gauge?

Just leave it alone. If youre running a stock ecu it may be needed for something. No reason to delete it. Get an oil filter sandwich plate and problem solved. Blackworks makes one for 20$ i think.

I currently have a golden eagle sandwich plate for my lsv. I’m using the hole in the back of the block for my turbo feed line and using my sandwich plate for my OEM sensor and the oil supply line to my head. I’m running s300 not a stock ecu as well.

Will removing it throw the light on the dash or hurt anything?

No it will not set off a CEL.

I deleted mine and used that part of the oil feed for my pressure gauge (using steel braided hose)… like you said, I didn’t like the T idea. And once you have an actual gauge, you don’t really need the dummy-light anyway IMO.