Is there an easier way to delete abs.?

Just joined this group, but I’m trying to see if there is an easier way to do it.
abs delete.
Previous owner has unplugged all the lines that go from the abs pump on the engine bay to the brakes. So i don’t have abs, just that pump…
I want to remove it. But don’t have a place to take engine out so it can be easier to do…
I have the 40/40 valve or whatever it’s called from my old RS.
I was thinking, can I just use that.? And make custom lines to it, so I wouldn’t need to take the lines off the firewall.??

Like I’ll use the Master Brake Cylinder and firewall lines, remove the ABS pump make custom lines that’ll fit the 40/40 proportion valve and that’s it. Instead of having to remove the firewall lines and all that.

It might be a little difficult to do all that with the motor in, but it’s certainly doable. I’m not 100% on your description…are you planning to modify the current lines or run new ones? Just so you know, the abs lines on the firewall are different from the “RS” lines on the firewall. It won’t just line up and all fit with the prop.

However, If you understand conceptually where things should go regarding the prop valve etc, then yes you can rip out the pump etc and make your own lines or even modify the abs ones if you don’t mind getting creative.

This isn’t that hard to do with the engine in the car, that’s how most of us do it. Sure, it’s a LOT easier with the engine out but it’s not going to take that much more time if the engine is there. The only hard part is routing the lines that run across the firewall.

Don’t bother with bending and flaring your own lines, you’re over complicating things. Trying to get the ABS firewall lines + adapters + bending/flaring your own lines is going to take a lot longer than just pulling the lines and swapping in the correct non-abs brake lines. It really isn’t all that difficult. Plus if you use the factory non-abs lines you can have a setup that looks stock and uses 100% stock parts (some will be modified of course).

Regardless, the most simple, fastest and most reliable method will be to do what most do:

• remove abs pump and replace with 4040 prop valve
  • remove abs firewall lines, cut off the M12 fitting that goes to the master cylinder
  • cut off the M10 fitting from the non-abs firewall lines and replace with the M12 fitting you cut off of the abs lines
  • install the non-abs firewall lines and attach to the master cylinder & prop valve
  • install the small brake line from the prop valve to right front brake line
  • use the old abs lines to create the two extension pieces needed to connect the prop valve to the rear brake line fitting

There are lots of posts here that go over the process in more detail.

Okay, iguess you are right making custom lines will take a lot longer…
This will help me a lot. Can you post pictures on where things need to be changed and what parts I would need to do that.?
I have an my old RS shell still so I can take the proportion valve off and the RS firewall lines out also. Since you say you still need to make custom lines I’d like to know where and with what (using pictures as reference, I’m a visual learner) also I’m going to be doing it with my dad and he barely knows English so me showing him pictures and what to do and such would really help. He has worked on family cars so he knows a lot but not everything such as this.

Have you searched this site yet? There are TONS of posts from years past which have instructions on how to delete your abs. Look all that up and if the photos are missing I can dig some up for you from my car.

I couldn’t see any pictures.

I don’t have any pics of flaring the lines, but you can find plenty of pics and I’m sure even Youtube videos of how to do that. And really it’s quite simple, when you mock up the non-abs firewall lines you’ll see that one fitting is too small to fit into your master cylinder. So you’ll just cut that fitting off of your non-abs lines, cut the larger fitting off of your abs lines, put the larger fitting onto your non-abs lines and then flare the tubing.

For making the prop valve meet up with the rear brake lines you’ll need to hack up one of your abs lines - cut two pieces of the right length, bend them into the right shape, then flare fittings from the abs lines onto the ends.

So, to summarize: you’ll be cutting one fitting off of your non-abs lines and flaring on a new [larger] fitting. Then making your own adapter lines which are each about 6" long, you’ll need to cut these bend them and flare 4 fittings on.

Here’s what my adapter lines look like

[QUOTE=Colin;2326540]I don’t have any pics of flaring the lines, but you can find plenty of pics and I’m sure even Youtube videos of how to do that. And really it’s quite simple, when you mock up the non-abs firewall lines you’ll see that one fitting is too small to fit into your master cylinder. So you’ll just cut that fitting off of your non-abs lines, cut the larger fitting off of your abs lines, put the larger fitting onto your non-abs lines and then flare the tubing.

For making the prop valve meet up with the rear brake lines you’ll need to hack up one of your abs lines - cut two pieces of the right length, bend them into the right shape, then flare fittings from the abs lines onto the ends.

So, to summarize: you’ll be cutting one fitting off of your non-abs lines and flaring on a new [larger] fitting. Then making your own adapter lines which are each about 6" long, you’ll need to cut these bend them and flare 4 fittings on.

Here’s what my adapter lines look like
[/QUOTE]

Did you have to buy additional fittings? Are the fitting available at most local part stores. Gonna tackle this swap this weekend.

As stated in above posts the simplest/cheapest way to go about this is to use the fittings and some of the tubing from your original brake lines. If you do that then you do not need to purchase any additional parts.

The swap can be done with the following:

• flaring tool (you can rent one at the local auto parts store)
  • non-abs brake lines from a 90-93 Integra (4 pieces: 3 which run across the firewall and 1 which goes from the prop valve to the passenger side front soft brake line)
  • 4040 prop valve off of a non-abs Integra
  • the original abs brake lines/fittings which you will modify and use parts off of

[LEFT][/LEFT]

Last question for me is will non abs brake master cylinder bolt to abs brake booster?

[QUOTE=mar_phi6;2326955][LEFT][/LEFT]

Last question for me is will non abs brake master cylinder bolt to abs brake booster?[/QUOTE]
You do realize that this topic has been done to death and you can search the forum for your answers and get them faster, right?

My question is why do you want to use the non-abs master cylinder?

To avoid flare the lines. But I did flare the line and put the m12 fitting on to accept the abs mc.

Its not that hard to do really i never used a flare tool before you can practice on your old line also, i did it with the motor in i just couldn’t get the lines looking all clean like in Colins picture. Just take your time have two days to work on it should be plenty of time.

Are these parts still available new from Acura? It’s a rare event for a DA to hit any of the local junk yards. And for some reason, even rarer for it to be a model that doesn’t have ABS. I searched around on RockAuto.com to try and find those parts but no luck. Also searched around on the OEM Acura parts website and couldn’t find a layout that let me select the parts I’m looking for.

That being said, when I have more time this weekend I will spend some time on this site looking up all the additional info about this topic.

double post

That’s actually one of the things that’s EASY to find on the online parts catalogs - it’s literally in the “Brake Lines” category. But it doesn’t matter, they’re all discontinued anyway. You’ll just have to keep an eye out for used ones at junkyards, facebook groups, forums, craigslist…etc. I see them pop up fairly regularly.

Not sure if you’re familiar with Pick Your Part but they let you see pics of the cars on their site so you can view what’s in your local yard without wasting time to go down there, pay admission and check it out in person.

You should hit this guy up. It

Thanks Colin. Not familiar with Pick Your Part but I do have a few LKQ yards close to me, and with their smart phone app I have it set to alert me whenever they get a DA.

Oh second inspection, I’m thinking Pick Your Part = LKQ?

Yup, one in the same. So, sounds like you’re already following them and are aware of what’s in the yards. But yeah, hit up that guy I screenshotted, good chance it’s not available anymore but it’s a damn good price.

Haven’t heard back anything. According to his profile he’s got 40+ items for sale for DA Integras. I also made an offer on some speakers.

But no reply, dammit. Search continues.