iSport's CF 2DR Door Visors

no problem any other ricer products you want me to critique

people r so ignorant this item is highly in demand and they just trying to help people out

get the fuck out

damn… another jdm oem, hard to find, part replaced with someone who wants to make a buck or two…

shit like this makes me feel like the authenticity of hard to find parts are losing their value.

i dont think there’s anything left for the DA :mad:

[QUOTE=Dee A Nine;2116951]damn… another jdm oem, hard to find, part replaced with someone who wants to make a buck or two…

shit like this makes me feel like the authenticity of hard to find parts are losing their value.

i dont think there’s anything left for the DA :mad:[/QUOTE]

Sure it’s oem jdm and it’s hard to find but for me I’m not buying them for style points. I like the way look sure but I want them for practicality. I want to crack my windows when it rains and not get wet. I’m sure that’s why other people wanna buy them. This is the way business works. See a need, fill that need. iSport saw a need and they filled that need and they will make a buck or two. Get over it JDM fanboys

i guess it’s all BUSINESS.

Until they make them in a tinted plastic, it shouldn’t really devalue your OE set. You still can’t find brand new OE visors anywhere. That’s like saying mugen copy side skirts, or bumper covers have devalued the real thing. On another note, why does iSport keep filling the same needs JDP does?

competition. win for the consumer!

Times are tough and not a lot of people have $500 for a set of jdm oem window visors. iSport is just helping out. Good product btw. I wouldn’t mind owning a set. These aren’t the real oem ones, cause DA fans know the real ones can’t get replace. For the ones who are fortunate enough to have the jdm window visors, we envy them.

obviously you have never been near a set of real visors, they dont do anything if you put crack the window, water still gets in

Beat me to it… lol

its all for looks n tinted plastic ftw

I haven’t been in a DA with one, but every other car, Honda included, that I have driven with them has allowed you to be able to crack your window and not allow water in. Maybe your $500 set won’t do what I want it to, but I hope mine will. Thanks for telling me that the jdm ones don’t block any water. Now I can save my couple hundred bucks and invest it in something practical

When did jdp come out with da window visors? They haven’t been advertised on this site and last time I checked he was having trouble making the hardware. These are the first aftermarket visors for the DA to my knowledge

what he said^^^

ok here is the story. Summer of 08 I made the roof caps in a group buy for this site and didn’t really sell any of them. I was only home for the summer, then went back to school to finish up my masters degree in mechanical engineering.
When I graduated last year, I joined the Marine Corps and got back from training in November, and realized I had PlatinumG2’s rear visor sitting in my shop that he had asked me to make in carbon over a year ago. I never made it for him so once I got home and back in my shop I made a mold of the OEM visor and made him a carbon version. When he came to pick it up he said I should get back on as a sponsor here. So I did. In the mean time he told me that the window visors would be something I should make as well. So his car has been at my shop for a few weeks, and I made a set of carbon visors as per his request.

Honestly I am just trying to support the G2 market, and I understand not everyone will like what I do but it just perplexes me some of the stuff going on here. this is what I see:
What we have here are cars are that 17-20 years old that the aftermarket manufactures essentially ignored for newer models. And once a manufacturer comes along and is willing to make parts for your cars, people complain. I just don’t get it.
I am making trunks right now for the 4 door that are going to be all carbon with a foam core, essentially race quality engineered parts. Are people going to complain about that too?

Yeah as to my knowledge they are the only after market ones too.

Again on the Visors, PlatinumG2 kinda advises on me what he thinks people want. he told me that people were interested in the window visors and the JDP story, but the brackets were a problem. I have an MS in Mechanical engineering so I knew where and how to solve the issue, so I did.

I appreciate the support, but it is just really confusing that people complain about aftermarket parts being made for your cars.

I wasn’t complaining about the parts, it just seemed like more than a coincidence that the parts you were coming out with kept right on par with the interest threads that JDP was making. Like you were taking the parts he was going to make, but you wanted to come out with them first. I believe your story, it just seemed too close together. I could care less that you copied a “JDM” item. I think that it being solid instead of slightly see through would be annoying in my eyes since that would add additional blind spots.

nothing wrong with competition. just because one company makes CF items doesn’t mean it owns the entire market.

i’ll go for the fiberglass one

looks very good. BUMP for making good porducts for DA’s and DB1’s