Just installed my fabricated civic side

This took a lot of cutting, sanding and welding but finally done.
When i’lll get my front i’ll be painting everything white and i will post images of the welded supports.

wow! looks good!

i don’t want to sound like a dumbass but
is this a civic with integra side mouldings or an integra with civic handles
it looks good but 'm just tring to figure out what’s diffrent

It’s an Integra (DA) with Civic (EK) side skirts.

duh
i’m dumb

What? Your process involves welding? Sounds like a lot or work…

Side skirts can just be held on by screws on the side and bottom… am I missing something?

i got mines done just by screws. n of course the cutting involve.

how do you tighten the sides to the car where the edge of the plastic meets just underneat the door ? screwing the molding below the car and at the wheel well will not tighten it enought, this is what happened to me. So i welded 2 brakets on each side to reproduce a L shaped braket and notched the inside of the molding to meed the L shaped braket. Ill post a pic during next weekend.

That’s a very nice install. I’d like to see what and where you welded, and how you mounted it. I take it that you didn’t have to use any 2 sided tape on the edges . . . LOL. :up:

exactly, your right about the tape, did not have to use any!
I’ll get a pic in the weekend

:werd:

here you go, no need of any 2 sided tape, it sticks like stock civic sides

and 1 side of the rear, takes a lot of heating

So what happens if you were to roll over something HARD and it catches on one of those brackets? Big dent in the undercarriage? I don’t know… guess I’m thinking of the worse here lol :read:

:up: Nice work. Simple and effective. But, HYBRID90 did have a good question/point though.

the stock hookup is made like this on the civic model, so i think this aint a problem. But if ever i roll over something that is hard enought to hit the brackets, half of my floor would be a total loss which i think the only situation would involves a few rollover and then a total loss of the car!
ill post everything complete within a week, including the typR front lip

Keep up the good work. I’m interested in seeing the finished product.

[QUOTE=typRWhiteTeg93;1932941]the stock hookup is made like this on the civic model, so i think this aint a problem. But if ever i roll over something that is hard enought to hit the brackets, half of my floor would be a total loss which i think the only situation would involves a few rollover and then a total loss of the car!
ill post everything complete within a week, including the typR front lip[/QUOTE]

Well yeah keep in mind that the “stock” civic hookup is like that is because “stock” civics aren’t meant to be lowered like how we lower our DA’s so just gotta keep that in mind… just pointing it out.

front lip is arrived !
plan to install and paint during weekend, keep you posted !

dammit this was a nightmare

I first decided to start with a canspray that is supposed to melt with the plastic. This would make a solid base. Since i am not a scientist, i soon realized that as I applied the basecoat, all the paint would shirink and peel the ‘‘plastic paint’’. After sanding everything down I applied the basecoat again and damn it would peel again. Last idea was to take a gel paint remover, removed everything and Now you talk ! Finished painting yesterday, will be installing during the weekend, hopefully !

here we go, rear is not done yet