Lets see some pics of oil return setup

I am curious how everyone is running their oil returns. I am having some problems routing mine. I have tried two 45* fittings (one at the turbo and one at the pan) and it’s not really looking right. I have a 90* fitting I was going to run off the turbo to a 45 at the pan and see how that works but I was hoping to not use the 90 fitting. I have an Edlebrock log manifold with a simple Garrett T25 (SR20) turbo using -10an fittings. The steel line is either to close to my downpipe elbow or it’s in the way of the pipe. I have a/c on my car and it’s just getting really tight. I will post pics later tonight of what I have. tried and tonight Iw will install the 90 to 45 and see how it works.

So if you can or have pics please post so I can get some ideas.

Thanks
Ryan

I don’t have any pics, but mine is almost exactly like the pic below. The only difference is the pic below shows a 45* fitting off the turbo, attached to a 45* hose end, whereas mine consists of a straight fitting off the turbo, connected to the 45* hose end.

That’s really clean man. I wish I had all that room lol. I ended up 90 off the turbo and looping around the turbo oulet elbow and hitting a 45 at the pan. Everything seems to be working fine with no backing up or leaking. Best of all I was able to get the line off the elbow. I’m debating on weather I need the thermo sleeve that I put on. I need to cut the strings off the end. Not sure if that has a chance of catching fire or something. Do you think that it’s far enough that I can remove it? It’s a steel line underneath. And yes there is JB weld on there but there is a jam nut on the other side of the pan holding the fitting to the pan and the JB weld is only sealing everything nice and tight. I have used this on my last turbo and never had a problem with it. There are nylon washers on both sides of the pan. You have to use the regular JB weld not the quick dry type.

My turbo hangs really low. I have a -10 90* off the drain flange to silicone hose to the pan fitting.

Bottom mount Turbo setup with a Moroso 5.5 quart Oil Pan. Very slight angle to work with.

Note: The oil pan does not allow use of the Type R gearbox to engine brace. :frowning: