loudest vtec

Geez… Sorry, sir, I didnt mean to offend you with my link to a streetracing video clip. I just didnt think it would be harmful. Once again, I beg for your forgiveness.

You didn’t offend anyone, its a rule that we all have to follow.

Yeah, I know I didnt, its just the way he approached the situation. Anyways, It’s done and over with.

my apologies, i wasn’t intending to be a dick. its just that streetracing videos are not taken lightly here. i have seen members who have been here since 03 get banned because they posted a streetracing vid without realizing it. just trying to help someone out.

Its cool, bro. Sorry about the sarcasm. I was just being a dick. :bang:

Ahhh Sergie… Bad boy. :fuckrace:

Alan, you have to admit, though… That civic had the loudest VTEC crossover, ever. Streetracing or not, it 0wNeDD every car’s video posted on here. :bow:

No offense, fellas.

my brothers b16a2 with itr cams sounded loud like that. was a beautiful sound

Are we REALLY still arguing over whose VTEC crossover is louder?

You realize abrupt VTEC engagement is a bad thing right? I wonder if you really think your VTEC brings all the girls to the yard… because it doesn’t.

DigitalHorizon…Is it a really bad thing? Is the crossover supposed to sound subtle? If it is a bad thing what can I do to make it sound ok? Or better yet, What the hell is wrong with my engine? I dont want it to drive thinking I’m cool not realizing that my motor is all F#%ked up.

Honda engineers developed VTEC to be a “best of both worlds” innovation. Economy at low end, increased power at high end. You would think that engineers, who are always trying to minimize unnecessary wear and tear on an engine, would intend for VTEC crossover to be a smooth transition. What they were intending, was to increase the slope of the power curve from that point to redline, not show off how loud it is to pedestrians. Abrupt crossover means mechanical parts are clunking against each other harder than they need to be and putting undue stress on working parts, so it would make sense that VTEC that smoothly engages would be better than VTEC that slams.

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees. Nicely tuned cars i’ve seen at dynos their vtec cross-over is not noticable it’s just gets loud at the end

So are you guys just comparing loud motors? I can post a dyno of a 700-800 hp Methanol turbo crx lol. And the vtec engagment is still smoother then that one EG lol. Well you can’t hear much over the turbo and wastegate anyway.

post it. i just love turbo crx’s

its also all in the video.
check this one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1wtfSHEO-U&NR=1

Oh I see…Well…That just means that I need to rebuild my motor then. Although I do like the sound of Vtec Crossover, But if my motor is not meant to sound that way…Thank you though Digital Horizon. By the way, the pictures on that website are freakin awesome. Fuck yeah!!

[QUOTE=00Z71;1653226]its also all in the video.
check this one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1wtfSHEO-U&NR=1[/QUOTE]

thats the same one i posted on the first page :wink:

Damn. something must be wrong with my setup then. runing hi 12s on a stock block and driving it to FL-NY 5 times a year. :think: or maybe the noise is coming from all that air its pumping. i have to ask honda why my vtec sounds louder with skunk cams…

info@honda.com

I already know the answer they’re going to give you, but I’ll let you enjoy the search for answers.

You got it, the noise is from all of that cool air its pumpin’. :ohyeah:

How is that street racing?
there wasnt even another car
Unless … its already deleted???

the streetracing vid was taken off days ago…

please update your location.