Megan 4-2-1 header

Recent pic. Not too shabby, but I have a feeling the looks wont lasts long.
I liked it better when it was all bronze. LOL.

anyone have ground clearance pics? Ive heard mixed reviews about the clearance of this header down below.
This is a HUGE selling point to me because i ride DUMPED

Mine has a flat spot in it, but most people say it won’t break through there. Mine hasn’t yet.

The reason it’s turnin colors is because they have a coating on them that needs to be cleaned off. I degreased the shit out of mine & it’s still blued up. Just wrap it with header wrap, of scuff it up REALLY good & paint it with high temp paint. better yet, get the upper manifold powdercoated.
:getsome: :manual:

The valve cover is scrapped up in front cause of the header.

headers

I had a guy call me yesterday about his Megan header he got. He said it was cool but the intake flange was warped. He want to get some DC one instead because the shop he got them from wouldn’t that them back. I got some free ones from a guy I know and the rear mounting flange was cracked off.

I had a Megan header on my B16A

It worked fine. I didn’t notice any problems. Mine was the prototype built by the owner of Megan racing. It was 4-2-1 and the O2 sensor mounted at the rear.

megan header

I bought one of these about 2 months ago.
It didn’t bolt to the catalytic converter very well but I got my exhaust extended so it would all fit. It worked fine until… the other day when I started my car. I noticed it sounded different. I looked and found the gasket that connects the two header pieces blown. I called Prostreet to see if they had a gasket to sell (Nope!). I called Megan to see if they had a gasket to sell (nope!!! And they had to get crappy about it. Poor customer service…). Megan said they are out of gaskets for about a month…

So $160 later, I have some Megan Headers that look good and have less than 500 miles but don’t work. Megan could care less because they already got their money. In my opinion, these headers are junk. So if you are thinking about getting some, I would suggest paying just a few dollars more for something better that uses a common gasket.

I just changed my exhaust gasket yesterday.
It started to leak.
I think I’m about to change the down pipe one also. Not sure yet, but my header is not spanky shining no more.

O-well, I only paid $65 bucks for it.

i paid like 80bucks for mine- the only problem was the length near the cat which was probably due to my testpipe. total cost me 110bucks. not bad tho.

damn!

nice find for 65 bucks. what was da seller ID name?:clap:

not bad
bought for 80 shiped 2 years ago

they perform at par/better than DC

just without carb

dynoed it

nice find for 65 bucks. what was da seller ID name?

The info was posted on the first page.

2.25 inch collector right? Thanks.

Oh! Tuning Pros

i didnt feel like reading, my bad.

k, i found him. i see some no brand headers for 65 and megan headers for double the price.

he must of sent out megan ones by mistake. lucky…

From what I’ve from the first page is that a real megan header should be stamped on the #2 runner, I guess I got a knock off one. But I purchased through a well known retailer. But mine had a small generic plate welded on the #3 runner. I had fitment issues with mine, where the piping was hitting my oil pan. Enough for me to have to dent it in with a rubber mallet. I know others might disagree, but the best headers I have personally used is DC Sports. As far as generic, I would use obx, it fit perfectly and had no issues except for the fact that it wasn’t smog legal. I used to live in San Jose California, and this was during the mid to late 90’s when cops were still a little more leanient back then. I hated the megan header so much that I just threw it away.

I bought a used megan header and need the gaskets. Would a stock header gasket work for the megan to connect to the block?

You said something about obx header, where can i find them, because i want to get a nice one but dont want to spend 400 for dc, i found these

ceramic or stainless steel?

[QUOTE=$DA-DRIVER$;1887091]You said something about obx header, where can i find them, because i want to get a nice one but dont want to spend 400 for dc, i found these

http://www.streetstyler.com/OBXHEADERS.htm

ceramic or stainless steel?[/QUOTE]

just go stainless steel, sand them and them use heat resistant clear coat & the chrome should look/last better and longer.

Don’t powder coat your header, the coating will burn off. You need to use high temp paint.
The reason the header changes color has to do with stainless steel and heat. As the steel heats up it changes color. First blueish and over time gold.

Figure this is a good thread to ask in, 4-2-1 vs. 4-1, what’s the difference?

bah