Megan 4-2-1 header

I know the difference in design, I meant the difference in power.

4-2-1 (tri-y) header
i read this in an article… it gave results that was really helpful… 4-2-1 is good to come by from idle to about 6-6500-7k redline.(power wise) 4-1 header will be for that of about 7-8k redline. there pretty much even idle thru 5k. idunno if that made any sense lol

generic answer:

4-2-1 more street usable low/mid power
4-1 top end

well i got mine on and love the results. even with a stock cat behind it and a stock style exhaust i felt a difference accross the board. car seems louder at idle inside the car when fired up cold (about 1500rpm)…not sure about that but not a problem:burnout:

Yes I know it’s an old post. Did anyone find a good fitting y-pipe gasket to replace the crap megan gasket? Preferably without any modification to it besides the ones listed here? I had my headers on for 3 days and the gasket already blew. DAMN YOU MEGAN!!!:mad:

found some info on the gasket over at team-integra.net

a hedman gasket was used: p/n HED-27180 you can order it from summit racing

[QUOTE=wite2nr;1888518]generic answer:

4-2-1 more street usable low/mid power
4-1 top end[/QUOTE]

this has been disproven many times. take two headers made my the same company, one of each style, they make the same power. honda tuning even tested it.

more extensive designs like hytech, smsp, toda, comptech, jun, mugen, spoon, rmf, bisimoto, etc can be “tuned” for different powerbands. the off the shelf header such as megan, dc sports, etc are not.

Yes I know it’s an old post. Did anyone find a good fitting y-pipe gasket to replace the crap megan gasket?

I used high temp HondaBond. :rockon: