Mitsubishi turbo ex-manny on b-seires???

I was just wondering if anyone knows if a turbo exhaust manny from a mitusbishi turbo, eclipse/laser or talon will fit up to any of our B-seires engines???

Let me know I have someone with all the parts I need to turbo my CAR!!!

:mad:

no

huh?

josh dude,

are they close??? they sure do look it. Can I modify?

u can use the tirbo but u have to have a manifold made , first to fit onto the b-series head then to the bolt pattern of the particular turbo .

I was going to do something similar…you might be able to fabricate one by cutting off the ends of the dsm manifold and welding on the ends of our manifold. its kinda ghetto, but it just might work.

Originally posted by Romeyo07
I was going to do something similar…you might be able to fabricate one by cutting off the ends of the dsm manifold and welding on the ends of our manifold. its kinda ghetto, but it just might work.

:lol: i wonder how much that would cost to weld… just four runners… i wonder if im good enough to weld em… i wonder if i can afford to have it fall apart while driving

Welding cast iron is a pain in the @$$. Seriously. Which means… you’ll pay. A lot.

well i found out you just need the right flux. and a stick of cast iron costs like 4bucks at $8/lb. might get expensive trying to practice…

I did this. The bolt hoels are suprisingly close. The very ouetr bolts are off by 3/8", the inner bolts are off by less. I just re-drilled the holes, bolted iton and had a slight exhuast leak. I cut off the flange, and welded on a b-series flange and it cracked within a few hours. Cats iron exhust manifold welding is a bitch :confused: YOu have t preheat it and shit and it still doesnt stick :frowning:

Originally posted by notecLS
I did this. The bolt hoels are suprisingly close. The very ouetr bolts are off by 3/8", the inner bolts are off by less. I just re-drilled the holes, bolted iton and had a slight exhuast leak. I cut off the flange, and welded on a b-series flange and it cracked within a few hours. Cats iron exhust manifold welding is a bitch :confused: YOu have t preheat it and shit and it still doesnt stick :frowning:

:lol: hey at least you tried. why did it leak? did you use enough flux? i heard that was the key to making it stick.

The re-drileld holes leaked cuz the outter 2 ports were 3/8" off and part of theh oel went past the gasket (a very tiny tiny amount) and it leaked cuz they small exposed hole didnt seal cuz of the gasket.

The welder I took it to preheated it and used this special rod for cast welding (forgot whata it was). The heat expansion just owned the weld :frowning:

Originally posted by notecLS
[B]The re-drileld holes leaked cuz the outter 2 ports were 3/8" off and part of theh oel went past the gasket (a very tiny tiny amount) and it leaked cuz they small exposed hole didnt seal cuz of the gasket.

The welder I took it to preheated it and used this special rod for cast welding (forgot whata it was). The heat expansion just owned the weld :frowning: [/B]

why not just weld the hole…

hm… it looks like a stick of brick right… maybe he had some kind of coated flux but wasnt enough to hold. heat expansion? i guess you gotta make sure you blend the joint well, then add lots of filler…

I know that the DSM exhaust manifold’s ports line up perfectly to the h23/h22’s and all you have to do is get the holes redrilled.

it does not fit the h22… It may fit the h23. I kn oit fits msot f22’s tho.

yea i think i might…

welcome back from the dead 3 year old thread! :sleep:

I can’t believe that one guy cut a cast manifold and attempted to reweld it. I’ve welded cast iron parts before - nickel rods get expensive and the heat staging can be a pain.

welding cast iron is easy you need to preheat the prep’d manifold to above 350 degrees celcius. you must use cast iron hardwire withplenty of amperage (weld hot) once you are done welding heat the manifold again so that the whole piece is the same temerature. cast iron needs to be cooled gradualy unlike steel. the welding will be tricky with the high amperage. cannot be any perosity or else there wll be bubbles and the manifold will not be able to handle the boost.

just go and buy a new manifold or build you own and forget about cast iron
cast iron manifolds are made because there is little prep time to setup and pour molds instead of tig weld a manifold

how bout more info on the dsm manifold

dsm mani’s are only good for modding to fit a f series accord IMO. if you want a dsm mani why not just use an adapter plate that changes from a t3 to a dsm flange. bmcrace.com makes these.

or if you are cheap like me you can buy the b-series ssauto mani with the dsm flange already on it. http://www.ssautochrome.com/level.itml/icOid/1349

hope this helps :slight_smile: