My Time For Turbo Fun!

Well i finally got everything in. It is a mess, but its late and i don’t have time to clean it up. First Let me say WOW!!! I never expected this kind of power out of it. I took it up the road and 1st spun at about 1/2 throttle then second spun at 1/2 then third broke loose at 5k WOT. At that point in time i got scared and let off the gas, and decided to go home before i got in trouble. I will spend the next couple of days cleaning everything up and getting it ready for dyno day.

Specs:
T3/T04E
.50AR Cold 2"
.63AR Hot 2.5"
57 Trim
Hand-Made Manifold
8lb Wastegate
Greddy BOV
Freinds Chipped ECU
Custom IC Piping 2" int 2.5"
DSM side mount
DSM 390’s
Braided Oil Line
Hydrolic Return Hose
Walbro 255
Champion Heat range 8 Spark plugs
GM Syncromesh tranny fluid
Mobile one 10-30 Synthetic motor oil

Sorry its Dark Out

Its Having some fuel issues, It is running very rich. I want to get a apexi neo but i dont know if it will work on my car(0bd0)

get a damn waste gate dump… your engine bay looks like hell… clean that up.

Why bother with the Apexi Neo if you have a chipped ecu…? Use that to tune for free…

Also, that sidemount in taht position will heat soak like crazy once it gets warm, we already tried that exact same thing with a buddies car only to find after one good run it was completely heat soaked even with vents directed at the side mount.

good stuff man. im doin the same thing very soon

kopimp101 said:I will spend the next couple of days cleaning everything up and getting it ready for dyno day.
turbociv910 said: get a damn waste gate dump… your engine bay looks like hell… clean that up.
In that order.
kopimp101, good job man. ^5.
I would consider Tchleung advice regarding the intercooler.

I don’t know where else to put it. I can not hack up the rad support or bumper b/c of track inspections. It is considered reduction of structural integrity. My old Teggy was not allowed because i trimmed a 2" piece out of the bumper to get the body kit to fit. Where where you talking about placing it. Thanks for the info.

I forgot to mention that i usually shift at 4-5k during street driving. I only hammer on it at the track. I have a NOS ring which i will use to cool it between runs if there is no other place i can put the I/C without hacking stuff.

[QUOTE=Tchleung;1890560]Why bother with the Apexi Neo if you have a chipped ecu…? Use that to tune for free…

Also, that sidemount in taht position will heat soak like crazy once it gets warm, we already tried that exact same thing with a buddies car only to find after one good run it was completely heat soaked even with vents directed at the side mount.[/QUOTE]

It is a friends ecu that he let me borrow to get it running. I have to give it back.
Does anyone know if the neo will work with 0bd0

use turboedit its cheaper then the neo

Yeah but it is work that i would have to pay someone to do b/c i have no experience with chipping or tuning.

Don’t know what the neo is but I presume it is just the latest greatest light show version of the hack. Do you expect it to tune itself? I never understand how poeple justify not going chipped ecu cause they’ll need to pay someone to tune it. Everything needs a wideband thrown on it in the very least, depending on the risk you’re willing to take.

If i go chipped it will be a one time deal. if i go with the Apexi NEO or a used SAFC ll HACK I have unlimited changes.

How much power are you looking to make?

You dont have unlimited changes with the piggyback units you can only adjust for fuel thats it and you can only use I think a 450cc injector with those units.

If I were you i would use turboedit for your set up for now and then later on down the road get a reflash

Does anyone know anyone in PA that would be willing to do this for me and has some experience with chipping and all that good stuff. Money is not the problem. I just figured that it would be less of a headache if i used apexi. Ohh and if someone will set this up for me and tune it I want to run 200hp I am sure i can get alot more out of it but I want my wife to be able to drive it to. ( she was scared of my camaro)(460hp all motor 400csb)

when you get your ecu chipped, its most definitely not a one time deal

if you say money is not an option, just pick up the chipped ecu and a moates burner and a couple of reburnable chips . play around with turboedit and your golden. its a lot easier to do than you think and theres a lot more playing room than a piggyback unit. and with the moates burner, you can erase and burn a different tune onto the same chip over and over again.

My advice, check out xenocron.com cause they got what you need and more.

Oh and about the tuning, I’m using a tune from xenocron’s bin directory and its working great.

Here’s the details:
ng48-PR4tune-19.bin
WB Tune, stock B18a, precision SC34 57 trim turbo, DSM 450s, agressive timing in fuel in boost (251whp / 235tq) @ 13psi USE ONLY IN A PR4 ECU, NOT PM6!

could also check out J-K Tuning in carlisle. He tuned mine, and it runs great.
Ran 13.5 @ 107.

Good luck.

Would he chip my ecu and everything or dous he just do tuning

^^^He does it all. Very reasonable too.

Does anyone have a contact #