Need a little help with these oil spots

heres the deal. I’m about to pick up this integra and just need a little help.

Is this bad since theres oil in those areas? I’m assuming theres a leak, but not sure.

Let me know if you guys need more pictures.
This is what she looks like.

the oil leak looks to be from the cam plug. easy fix!

I had that same oil leak problem. It was the cam seal/plug. You can see the leak (in your 3rd picture) coming from the cam seal/plug. You can get one from the dealership. Make sure to get a new valve cover gasket while you’re at it . . . at least I did.

Aright i really dont mean to thread jack but…

you problem seems to be resolved i have the same question except a little diffirent.

well i seem to be missing that cam plug.
and it looks like i have a crack above where it goes.

so my question is can i change the piece that is cracked. it looks like it goes under the valve cover and it looks like those two screws will take it off¿¿¿

again sorry for the thread jack scooby.

There are two more bolts under the valve cover that hold that piece on, and yes it can be replaced, not sure how easy it will be to order, could always go to a J-yard and get it, probably fairly inexpensive as well!

Am I seeing things right in the last pic? Did someone actually weld something in place of the plug?

I need to replace my plug as well. Do you just pull the other one out and shove the new one in. Or am I going to have to remove the valve cover?

here is a DIY i found…

Thanks tilegend. I’ve been search on H-T on how to replace the cam, but the only ones i have found is either for a gsr motor or the pictures didnt work.

Spoon_ it’s okay, we’re all here for help. Hope you got your questions answerd.

Now i have another question, If the distributor is making a clicking noise, does that mean its out or about to be out? The car wasnt running right when i started it up.

i was also confused from looking at my brothers motor and thinking am i missing a plastic piece that covers it?? Is there suppose to be a whole there?
i dont know if the previous owner might of rebuilt it or something.

Spoon - Yes there should be a plastic plug there, and if the plug is missing you can see the end of the cam. Plus, if you drove with the plug missing you would have oil everywhere.

It looks to me like someone might have cracked the top part, and instead of replacing it, welded in a plug. If I’m seeing that pic right and it actually is welded all the way around you are gonna have serious problems replacing the top piece. Pretty much if you ever have problems that require you to remove the head or even just the cams I think you’re screwed.

that cam cap in the last pic deffinatly needs to be replaled:uhoh:

also keep in mind there is an oring around the distributor that seals it to the block.

[QUOTE=BLKACK1;1993294]that cam cap in the last pic deffinatly needs to be replaled:uhoh:

also keep in mind there is an oring around the distributor that seals it to the block.[/QUOTE]

This is robis little brother and we drove it up to your house that one day and it didnt really leak. It only leaks a tiny bit when redlining.

[QUOTE=SeanB;1993292]Spoon - Yes there should be a plastic plug there, and if the plug is missing you can see the end of the cam. Plus, if you drove with the plug missing you would have oil everywhere.

It looks to me like someone might have cracked the top part, and instead of replacing it, welded in a plug. If I’m seeing that pic right and it actually is welded all the way around you are gonna have serious problems replacing the top piece. Pretty much if you ever have problems that require you to remove the head or even just the cams I think you’re screwed. [/QUOTE]

so are you saying when i take off the top part to install the cam seal i might have problems removing it cause it might be welded to the head and the top piece?
heres another pic.

[QUOTE=sCooBy;1993273]Thanks tilegend. I’ve been search on H-T on how to replace the cam, but the only ones i have found is either for a gsr motor or the pictures didnt work.

Spoon_ it’s okay, we’re all here for help. Hope you got your questions answerd.

Now i have another question, If the distributor is making a clicking noise, does that mean its out or about to be out? The car wasnt running right when i started it up.[/QUOTE]

im not sure but im guessing the distributor rotor needs to be replaced. i dont know what else could be clicking. correct me if im wrong.

for sure take the cap off the distributor and have a look inside. Could be some plastic or a contact point broken off in there. Even part of the rotor.

I’ll let you guys know once i switch the old one with another one off of my other teg. Lets hope that would fix it.

Now, everytime you turn the steering wheel left or right, it’s suppose to be smooth right. Well last night i was test driving the car and found out that sometimes the steering wheel would be hard to turn. It feels like there was no power steering at all for a few seconds, then it would be smooth. Could this be a bad power steering pump, or air/bad fluid? For example, when i slow down and turn or at a stop and start moving/turning it would be rough. once the car is at a stable speed, i would turn the steering wheel left and right and it would be smooth/easy.

Anyone? would like to pick this up as soon as possible since i have no ride :argh:

sounds to me the power steering pump might be gone and what you mean someone come get it?

thanks, I was kinda afriad i had to replace it. Can anyone else comfirm this? Lol opps. I forgot the “I”

yeah and i aree with th plug it is welded on and you will have alot of problems unless you never need take out the cams or something…