need turbo reccomendation

so im looking at boosting my car. its an xsi with a b16. the goal is a low boost set up that allows me to keep AC and power steering. looking to keep the boost below 10lbs. does anyone know of or have any experience with a good kit/turbo that will meet my needs? im not interested in anything ebay brand. i would like to stay with name brand/quality parts…

OEM Mitsubishi turbo. I ran a TD05H (I believe) on a stock B20 w/B16 trans @ 7 psi back in the day. Stock 450cc DSM injections. It was a blast on the street. AC/PS. I got the turbo off an eclipse at a junkyard for $40. Injectors went into my pocket, lol. Setup held strong for 3 years before I traded the car.

What manifold did you use?

Just a normal log manifold. Actuator arm was welded on the turbo because of the internal wastegate. I used an external wastegate on the setup. The turbo is small and you have plenty of ac/ps clearance. Super fast spool as well. Great low end/mid range. Top end sucks though. All parts + tune was around $1200. And that’s w/brand name BOV/Wastegate (Tial).

nice. would you happen to have any pictures or a list of all the parts you got? just something for me to reference. i like your idea with the eclipse turbo. definitely going to look into that. whats more reliable than oem parts?

Inline pro makes an AC compatible manifold good for over 600 HP. A Garrett T3/T4 turbo should do well on a B16. Maybe a 50 trim with a .63 ar hotside. Look into it. Turbo parts add up REALLY quickly…Look forward to spending 2 grand, even on the most basic setup.

Are you still in Japan?

yes

Remember there is also the Nissan GT28 turbos off of s14 silvias and pulsars. Especially the 96 and newer verions. Then there is the Garrett from an R33 GTS-T that is really awesome. Just make sure you get the correct flanged manifold for the turbo you choose.

wow… youre completely right. cant believe i didnt think of that… thanks.

Went ahead and got a t25 from an sr20. Pretty popular turbo to use among all car brands actually. Im buying everything to do the upgrade now. My build thread will be updated shortly.

Would you happen to know which log manifold you got? Was it an ebay special or a name brand manifold?

greddy made/makes the best log manifold. the beauty of cast manifolds is that you CAN actually cheap out on them if need be. cast is hella tough and very difficult to mess up. remember with your boost goal, PSI is relative. 10 psi on a t25 is much different than 10 psi on a t4. http://forums.nicoclub.com/8-psi-t25-vs-8-psi-t4-t339660.html